• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Room mode/null

Alien

What would it take, acoustic treatment wise anyway, to cure modes at around 38, 50, 96, and 106Hz? They aren't really terrible, the worst is @96Hz going 6dB above reference.

The best way to improve bass performance is a corner trap, or two, or three. The improvement will be in both reduce mode/nulls as well as tighten up the overall bass performance in the time domain (dynamics).

You can also purchase or build tuned bass traps for specific frequencies to addres those modes, but it can be costly and.or time consuming.

If the treatment path doesn't get you all the way 'there' it might be worthwhile to add an inexpensive PEQ. Behringer has a couple really affordable models($100-$150).

Welcome, Tom! We were wondering when/if you were going to start posting. ;)

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Yeah, Tom, welcome! And don't be bashful. Feel free to start a thread and let us know what you've been up to and into.

Hope to see you around frequently.

Tom Vodhanel said:
If the treatment path doesn't get you all the way 'there' it might be worthwhile to add an inexpensive PEQ. Behringer has a couple really affordable models($100-$150).

Welcome back! A PEQ is very useful indeed. I also like the idea of treating first. It addresses the issues at every listening position more effectively than filtering.

Tom Vodhanel said:

Welcome Tom! Hope you're able to stick around.

Welcome aboard Tom!!! Certainly do let us know of any/all projects or hobbies you've been occupying your time with. If not here, then maybe in a certain cave in July?... :eusa-whistle:

John

Hi all,

Thank you for the warm welcome! One of the first forums I visisted recently was soundvision. Boy has that dried up. Anyway, after looking around a bit I noticed most of the regulars I enjoyed talking with headed over here...so...

I've been spending a lot of time on various hobbies. Old muscle cars, ATVs,enjoying film and theater,and of course...audio speaker and subwoofer design. Things are starting to get very busy around here but I've never been much for hyperbole and such so I'd rather not get into specifics just yet.

Tom, your post was the speaker equivalent of

waitwutrv5.gif

Just sayin...

John

Back