• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rosco Paint

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
Does anyone have any experience using their paint in a HT?

I spoke with Jenny, who is their Director of Marketing. I sent her an email and instead of repling to the email, she actually called me to discuss my application and their product.....WOW Great Customer Service!

I thought that I would be interested in their Super Saturated Velour Black for my Screen Wall and Ceiling. She indicated that it is a great product however needs to be mixed with at least 1:1 with water. This paint is a yogurt type consistency.......YIKES!!!

She did recommend their Off Broadway Black for my application. She said it should perform almost as well as the Super Saturated product, but much, much easier to apply.

Anyway, just checking in here to see if any of you have used the product and what your experience was?

Other paint and color ideas are also appreciated.

http://www.rosco.com/scenic/offbroadway.cfm

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Did you end up diluting the paint at all? How many gallons did you need for your front wall? Number of coats? We're thinking about using it on the ceiling at the front of the HT - not sure yet how far back we'll take it...

No, I did not dilute it at all. I ended up using the Off Broadway.

I purchased 2 gallons and used almost all of it doing 2 coats. The wall and ceiling were white and 2 coats covered well. The screen wall is 12.5 x 8; ceiling 12.5 x 17.5.

The wall was simple, the ceiling, that is another story. Will you do it yourself, or have someone do it?

:happy-smileygiantred:

renoht001_zps14b637da.jpg

Man that stuff was thick. We ended up taking it out 7' from the screen wall, 2 coats. Don't have all the equipment back in place yet since I need to mount three new acoustic panels to the ceiling, but we did throw a test pattern up on the screen and the black ceiling makes a huge difference.

Did you use the super saturated velour black or the off Broadway black?

I still think that one of my best decisions in our HT was the black screen wall and ceiling.

Did you take any pics?

^Off Broadway.

Looking towards the screen:
88083A5A-129A-46A6-9515-5148ADB95535_zpsufrdrsbp.jpg

We still need to paint the white brackets black:
15EF420F-6706-47DC-813B-652AB1C7576F_zpsu2je4agx.jpg

Between the back of the new ceiling-mounted panels and the screen wall. We painted the can lights as well:
05673EB9-1698-433D-9D8F-99CC5EF5C630_zpslmx3itmp.jpg

The transition on the soffit:
933C87C0-838D-4E7D-A847-E93C1F075F03_zpszmm1giak.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. After visiting Heeman's room I'm convinced that I need to do this. I get a lot of light reflection from the ceiling. I'm a little worried about how it'll look with the angles on the tray ceiling.

Hey T7, I think the X-tra Flat black paint on your ceiling will actually make the angles on the tray ceiling disappear. Actually the only time I have ever looked at your tray ceiling is when my head was snapped back after ........ well.......... :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

Do the screen wall also......... :happy-smileygiantred:

Good point regarding the ceiling. I don't know about the screen wall though with the wainscotting. Maybe a false curtain will work there.

Wow, what a difference! Finally got a chance to watch a movie (Fight Club) - almost no glare at all now at the front of the room and there's a pretty cool ambient light effect from the ceiling panels.

Back