• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rotel RB-850

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I went and looked at this amp this guy listed in Craigslist. I brought my Klipschs and a demo disc to give it a quick run through. I wasn't really looking for an amp, but after seeing the ad (thanks to Ben) and he and me riding up there, I figured what the hell. The amp is old, but it looks mint. I figured this would make a nice little amp for a dedicated two channel rig, but for now I'll just use it for my mains in the HT when vegetating to some tunes.

I don't have pics, but will post one or two when I get a chance. I was hoping the Craigslist ad was still up, but I think he took it down. I emailed the seller about the pics as one of them showed the insides of the amp. The seller seemed like a really cool guy too. We talked about A/V for a couple of hours after demoing the amp. It made for an interesting day as there aren't many of us into audio in this part of the woods.

Zing said:
Yesfan70 said:
...but for now I'll just use it for my mains in the HT when vegetating to some tunes.
Aren't your HT mains Mackies?

Nope. I sold the Mackies a couple of years ago and went back to the KG line from Klipsch. I really missed the dynamics of my old towers (but didn't want towers), so I went with the bookshelf versions of my old speakers.

Thanks.

One cool thing I noticed when my gear rack was still up front (and after I got my projector) was I still had to use component connections due to my old Denon 3803 not having HDMI switching. The Onkyo receiver I have now does have HDMI switching, so this freed up the front component jack to use for hooking up my sub when I moved everything behind the couch. With two of the three RCAs not being used, I made a small two shelf flexy rack as my center speaker stand as I knew someday I would probably add a separate amp to run the front pair. So all I got to do now is plug the Rotel to those two unused RCAs, and the speakers to the Rotel, and I'm in business!

The one time 'future-proofing' paid off. LOL!

Back