• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rush - Time Machine Concert

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
Watched this last night on Palladia.........

The musicianship was just great, I am a huge fan! Will pick up a copy when it comes out, 11/08/11.

Attachments

• Rushtimemachinetour2010.jpg
    Rushtimemachinetour2010.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 137
Randy said:
Have I mentioned that I widh I had Palladia?

Yup, you did!

I pay an extra $5/Month for Palladia and some other MGM Movie channels in a package.

The Palladia is worth it!

^^^ LOL!, I thought of you guys when I was watching that the other night.

Have to agree Heeman, a great concert. I think their playing is the best I've seen in years. I'll have to add the Bluray and CD to my list.

One of the highlights for me was "Free Will" from Spirit of Radio!!!

Alex looks at Neal after the jam and they basically said "Nailed It!" Geddy's bass playing, Neal's Drumming and Alex's Guitar playing was absolutely Spot ON!!

Geddys voice is not what it used to be, but like stated above the Set List and Ability is the best they have been in a long time!!

BTW - Moving Pictures Album was played in it's entirty.

Yeah, that was probably (what little I saw....DVR cut off halfway through) the only bad mark was Geddy's vocals, but you know those guys aren't spring chickens anymore either so it's acceptable to me.

From the first half of the show, they look like they were really having some fun up there and not going through the motions like a lot of other bands seem to do after a long career.

What I find amazing is the fact that's it's been the same three guys from the beginning. It would be nice if a lot of my other favorite bands cough, cough, "YES", cough, cough could get along with each other.

Yesfan70 said:
Yeah, that was probably (what little I saw....DVR cut off halfway through) the only bad mark was Geddy's vocals, but you know those guys aren't spring chickens anymore either so it's acceptable to me.
From the first half of the show, they look like they were really having some fun up there and not going through the motions like a lot of other bands seem to do after a long career.

What I find amazing is the fact that's it's been the same three guys from the beginning. It would be nice if a lot of my other favorite bands cough, cough, "YES", cough, cough could get along with each other.

Agreed about Geddy's voice and yes they were having a ball!!

Sorry but the first album in 1974, RUSH did not have Neil Peart, it was actually John Rutsey on the drums........... :text-imsorry:

You need to watch Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage Documentary, absolutely a great history of the band!!

^^ Sorry, typo on my part. I should have said since the second album. Fly By Night was Peart's debut.

I have that on my DVR, just haven't had the time to watch it.

Studio Albums with year released......quite impressive!!!

I saw them on every tour from Caress of Steel (1975) through Roll The Bones (1991)

And a new one scheduled next year!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Studio Albums

Rush (1974)
Fly by Night (1975)
Caress of Steel (1975)
2112 (1976)
A Farewell to Kings (1977)
Hemispheres (1978)
Permanent Waves (1980)
Moving Pictures (1981)
Signals (1982)
Grace Under Pressure (1984)
Power Windows (1985)
Hold Your Fire (1987)
Presto (1989)
Roll the Bones (1991)
Counterparts (1993)
Test for Echo (1996)
Vapor Trails (2002)
Feedback (EP) (2004)
Snakes & Arrows (2007)
Clockwork Angels (2012)

I saw them in Atlanta for their Roll The Bones tour in '91. Awesome show. Primus opened up for them too.

Back