• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Samsung BD-P1600

-B-

Anyone have any experience with it? It streams Pandora/Netflix. Looking at onw on craigslist for the lady, new in box for $90. Sells regularly around $200

I'm 99% sure that is the model that I have in the living room. I haven't had any problems with it.

**edit**
One thing worth mentioning. It is not the fastest loading player out there.

I don't know how common this is but a good thing, if you have need for it (most don't), is that the HDMI and component outputs are active at the same time. Before we moved I had the HDMi connected to my livingroom system and the component to the bedroom.

I have a 1590, which is Walmart's version. It is slow to load, noisy on boot up and can be finicky on not well cared for disks, ie netflix and others. For a few more dollars, look at the sony 370/570/770. I have a 570 and it is by far the fastest loading player I have seen to date. Some have complained about fan noise, but I have never heard mine. It has literaly played everything I have thrown at it. I was hesitant to buy it because of the Sony name, but it is one of the most robust pieces of gear in my system.
Rob

Huey said:
I have a 1590, which is Walmart's version. It is slow to load, noisy on boot up and can be finicky on not well cared for disks, ie netflix and others. For a few more dollars, look at the sony 370/570/770. I have a 570 and it is by far the fastest loading player I have seen to date. Some have complained about fan noise, but I have never heard mine. It has literaly played everything I have thrown at it. I was hesitant to buy it because of the Sony name, but it is one of the most robust pieces of gear in my system.
Rob

did I miss something about Sony? I've always thought their gear was well made. Only thing I never liked about their receivers was the UI.

-B- said:
Huey said:
Rob

did I miss something about Sony? I've always thought their gear was well made. Only thing I never liked about their receivers was the UI.

I have a Sony mega dvd changer that, while it plays fine and has an ok picture, will randomly loose all of the hand typed movie info for no reason what so ever. After the third or fourth time of typing in the movie titles, I gave up. I have an old harmony 659 that allows you to have a media button, so that is how I am able to navigate. When the remote dies, I'm screwed.
Rob

Back