• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Samsung Galaxy S Headphones ?

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
I've tried to find the specs for the headphone jack on my son's Galaxy S 4G phone. We need some suggestions for some ear phones (not ear buds) for his phone & what ohm range should we look/listen too ? My son can't afford alot of $$$$$, he is only 12 & will use them when playing his drums, playing games (Minecraft etc), & listening to music.
Yes he has a beginners drum set & he is saving for a real drum set. He is in beginners band in middle school.....learning percussion, reading music, etc. Doing real good also. Will start learing the xylophone in a couple of weeks. He's also taking weekly private lessons from a student @ Texas State Univ. (he is already learning the notes on the xylophone). Thanks

When you say earphones, do you mean the in ear types that look like ear plugs? If so, check out some of the JVCs at Walmart. Probably some of the best you can get for under $20.

Yesfan70 said:
When you say earphones, do you mean the in ear types that look like ear plugs? If so, check out some of the JVCs at Walmart. Probably some of the best you can get for under $20.
I've got several ear plugs..........We need some ear phones that cover the whole ear....I'll get some better noise cancellation ones, the one he has is pretty cheap & aren't that good...later. He just wants some head phones (is that what their called, sorry ?)

IEM = In Ear Monitor.
P13841861.jpg

Rope

Barney said:
Yesfan70 said:
I've got several ear plugs..........We need some ear phones that cover the whole ear....I'll get some better noise cancellation ones, the one he has is pretty cheap & aren't that good...later. He just wants some head phones (is that what their called, sorry ?)

yeah, you want headphones. The "ear" part threw me off.

IMO, I would just read some of the reviews on some headphones that are below $50. The Klipsch Image ONE has been getting some good reviews on Amazon. I've thought about it for myself. I had a cheap pair of Sonys that were good too.

Sounds like price is a big concern. I would just look and see what places like Walmart, Target, etc have and go from there.

got a frys close by? thats another place to check out to buy earphones.

id love to learn more about the differences of headphones earphones iems...

i think i have to read up more about it.

nonetheless, im using ear buds.

ropes probably going to be right about how they suck, but i guess i cant get used to having er... the rubber thing go INSIDE my ear. i walk and commute daily, and well, i cant risk having no noise seep in or let me 'hear' a horn honk et al.

nonetheless, thought id throw in frys in the mix.

I generally don't like earbuds because most of them do suck and they never stay in place for long in my ears. I have a clip-on model from AT. Not cheap at around $80 but they sound better than Apple or the standard crap that comes with an mp3 player.

http://www.shopaudiotechnica.com/detail ... H-EC700+SV

I prefer one of my IEMs when portable headphones or full size doesn't work.

Guess me & the son will just checkout walmart, Target,...thats about all that is close to us....might try BB also....theres two within driving range...

I try to keep a few JVC Marshmallows around for cssusl use with my portable players. They are $19.95 at my local Walmart.

Towen7 said:
I try to keep a few JVC Marshmallows around for cssusl use with my portable players. They are $19.95 at my local Walmart.

We have a pair of those (thanks to Yesfan's suggestion yrs ago when we got our Sansa clips)...they are not bad & very inexpensive.

Barney said:
Towen7 said:

We have a pair of those (thanks to Yesfan's suggestion yrs ago when we got our Sansa clips)...they are not bad & very inexpensive.

Yeah, I love those phones. Not bad at all for $20.

Back