• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Samsung PN50C550 question

Mannix2106

Over on http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/ they have the Samsung PN50C550 rated as one of their "Top 10" plasma tvs. I went onto BB.com and saw that they have a Samsung model similiar but the model number was PN50C550G1F. I'm wondering if that is the same set and BB.com just added the last 3 characters to make it their own model # for price matching purposes.

Any help would be appreciated. After reading the review on this set I'm pretty excited to go see it and for the $899 price tag that isn't bad either. I figure it's time to upgrade my little 42" LG plasma lol

Also, if anyone has seen this TV in person I would like to hear their reviews. I'm really wanting to buy something with good black levels and from the reviews I think this might meet that need. My LG has blue-ish/gray black levels which really bothers me.

While I can't say for sure, I'd bet its a BB exclusive model # like you stated. While, for my personal reasons, I only buy Panasonic plasmas, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the newer Samsungs. Why don't you go check it out in person anyway? If the price is right and the picture appears to be a significant improvement over your LG then it would seem that you found what you're looking for...

Those are the same set in every way that matters. I have a couple of Samsung plasmas and think they are great TVs.

Batman said:
While I can't say for sure, I'd bet its a BB exclusive model # like you stated. While, for my personal reasons, I only buy Panasonic plasmas, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the newer Samsungs. Why don't you go check it out in person anyway? If the price is right and the picture appears to be a significant improvement over your LG then it would seem that you found what you're looking for...

Well I have always wanted a Panasonic plasma because I have always heard great things about them. It's just I was reading about their black level issues and was kinda turned off by that. I'm not sure how much I would notice the raising black levels but that is something I'm wasn't too excited to read about.

I'm usually pretty brand loyal but this time around I want to keep an open mind and get the TV that best fits what I'm looking for without breaking the bank.

Sure why not? If the price is right and it has no MAJOR cosmetic issues, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a refurb. You've got the factory warranty to back up your purchase...so why not pull the trigger?

Mannix2106 said:
Over on http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/ they have the Samsung PN50C550 rated as one of their "Top 10" plasma tvs. I went onto BB.com and saw that they have a Samsung model similiar but the model number was PN50C550G1F. I'm wondering if that is the same set and BB.com just added the last 3 characters to make it their own model # for price matching purposes.

Any help would be appreciated. After reading the review on this set I'm pretty excited to go see it and for the $899 price tag that isn't bad either. I figure it's time to upgrade my little 42" LG plasma lol

Also, if anyone has seen this TV in person I would like to hear their reviews. I'm really wanting to buy something with good black levels and from the reviews I think this might meet that need. My LG has blue-ish/gray black levels which really bothers me.

Mannix Ive had this TV for about 6 months and couldn't be happier. It was my first plasma purchase. I originally ordered through Dell a closeout 720p Panny when i got a e-mail that they couldn't fill my order and didn't have good prospects of getting anymore in. They gave me a choice this TV or refund it was new at time i tried to get as much info as I could on it then looked at it at BB. After being happy with its picture at BB i went home and excepted the samsung from Dells e-mail for same price i paid for the Panny at time the Sammy was going for 1300. With a few tweaks the picture I'm very pleased with best picture Ive had on a TV. Ive had no buzzing issues that Ive herd many with Sammys complain of. I will say one thing it will warm your house in the winter and run your cooling bill up in the summer but Ive herd that typical of all plasmas. I'm very happy with mine its no frills but gives an excellent picture in my eye.

I am really sad I wasn't able to get this set. I had read nothing but great things and was excited to buy it. I almost pulled the trigger on the 2011 model (PN50D550) but decided to go with the Panny instead. In store the 2011 model looked very impressive. Sales guy couldn't knock $70 off the TV so I couldn't afford it.

Back