• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Should I Jump on This? Integra DHC 80.3

mzpro5

Famous
Just got off the phone with my local authorized Integra dealer. He will sell me a new 80.3 for $2150, retail price is $2700.

I want it for when I move into Mom's and was going to wait but if this seems like a good deal I can tap into my reserves.

Thoughts?

mzpro5 said:
Just got off the phone with my local authorized Integra dealer. He will sell me a new 80.3 for $2150, retail price is $2700.

I want it for when I move into Mom's and was going to wait but if this seems like a good deal I can tap into my reserves.

Thoughts?

If you want it and are going to get it anyway, then I say why not save $500?!!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

I'm sure you've done this already, but check the internet for the lowest price you can find and compare. If you like your local dealer and the price is good, then go for it!

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Dennie, while I suppose things could've changed, last I knew Integra does not allow shipping of their products so buying online is impossible.

MZ - I don't think that's a screamin' deal. It's not awful by any stretch of the imagination but it's also not anything to write home about. I think it's a typical street price for that component. If buying it now puts you in any kind of bind, I'd suggest you wait until you're ready. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be even less.

That said, it's going to be a HUGE upgrade from your current processor. If it were me, I'd be posting pictures of it already. :D

I can save you $700-800 on the comparable Onkyo any time you're ready MZ...I think they're still shipping the 5508.

I'd ask myself two questions. Is the dealer attempting to cover his nut, and if that's the case I'd offer him $1,800.00. Next would be a new upgraded Integra on the horizon...8.4? Either way and with the availability of Marantz gear and used gear, I would not spend $2,150.00. Ask him to sweetin' the pot.

Rope

Zing said:
Dennie, while I suppose things could've changed, last I knew Integra does not allow shipping of their products so buying online is impossible.
Who said anything about shipping? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

I was just suggesting he "shop" around.

Dennie :confusion-shrug:

PM received I'll get in touch after I get home soon...

Well I decided against the Integra.

A friend was able to get me a good deal on the Onkyo 5508 so I will have it when I move. Sorry guys but no pics 'till the move as it will stay in the box.

Thanks for your insights, made the decision easier.

Back