• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

So, it's been a minute...let's see if I can figure out to make this work again...

yromj

Well, how's everybody doing? I was planning on posting about an entirely different topic in the near future, but my plans changed a few minutes ago.

So Jan and I were discussing things we haven't checked off the original to-do list from when we moved into the house and the HT came up. We basically need a sub and surrounds. After talking for a few minutes she told me to pick one and get it ordered. So when I came to I jumped on here to see if anyone's been this stuff very closely lately.

I have a real sweet spot for my old PB-13U from SVS. I don't care about the punch as much as I do the quality that thing produced with music. I see that the current equivalent is the PB-4000 but that's a little more than the ~$1,500 I want to spend. I'm primarily looking at SVS and PSA unless you guys have other ideas to throw out there. I see that Chuck likes his Rhythmik (sp?) so I will probably check those out too.

We've missed talking with you guys so this is going to be great!!

John

Hi Jon, welcome back!
No suggestions on subs, mine fried again and it wasn't that good to begin with (but I don't do blockbuster movies).

Hey yromj. Good hearing from you.

3 words.

Power Sound Audio.

Tom V of old SVS. His company. I own their dual 15” sealed and could not be happier performance vs cost.

Thanks guys! I am quite familiar with PSA and they are definitely on the short list. I'm kind of leaning that way but input is always good.

John

Welcome back, good to hear you are doing well.

I still have my SVS PB 12 plus 2, and I still love that thing.

Looking to move soo. And not looking forward to hauling that thing out of the basement.

Thanks Keith! Do I just call PSA's number on the website and ask for Tom aka the owner? I guess I'll give it a shot.

John

He’s actually registered here, dunno if he comes by much though.

Thanks Keith! Do I just call PSA's number on the website and ask for Tom aka the owner? I guess I'll give it a shot.

John
Yes Sir! That should work!

I love my 2, XS30, but they have been discontinued, I think they are already about 7 years old!!! YIKE!!!

Welcome back, good to hear you are doing well.

I still have my SVS PB 12 plus 2, and I still love that thing.

Looking to move soo. And not looking forward to hauling that thing out of the basement.
I bought the same sub in 2007 and still love it. I'll probably run it until it croaks, which hopefully won't be for awhile.

I emailed Tom V. and decided on the TV1512. I ordered it today and it should ship in about a week. I'm going to be listening to some music so I can compare the before and after.

John- Starting to get the twitches from excitement

Update: so it's been a week and I am expecting to hear something soon about a shipment. I emailed Tom V. tonight so I'll see what he says.

John

Back