• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

So, who has seen The Muppets?

Akula

Famous
Last night the wife and I managed to catch a showing; with her work schedule this weekend, it was either last night or not for at least another week, maybe three.

It was great. Funny, touching, absurd, everything the Muppets can be put into a movie. If you've ever laughed at the Muppet Show or any of their movies, you need to go see it. Screw the Black Friday deals, this is more worthy- trust me.

It's hard to even list everything we loved about it... It's just that much fun.

Helluva rating on Rotten Tomatoes too... :handgestures-thumbup:

I love The Muppets....but we had family problems last night so our trip was delayed. I shall witness Muppet Mania this weekend.

i loved their muppets 'show' in disneyland, and kept going back three or four times.

i was reminiscent, but pretty much also happy to see their 'material' is still the same.

good times man, i plan to watch this in movie theaters.

Yesfan70 said:
Loved the Muppet Show when I was a kid. I would like to see this movie.

If you loved the Muppet Show, YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE.

It was funny how many grown-ass adults were in the theater wiping their eyes at various points. There's a huge Muppet following out there, it's a shame the property has been allowed to languish. I'm really hoping this leads to a Muppet revival- there's so many people out there saying "I loved the Muppets, I want to see this movie!" that I'm amazed nothing has been done with it in this long.

Akula said:
I'm really hoping this leads to a Muppet revival- there's so many people out there saying "I loved the Muppets, I want to see this movie!" that I'm amazed nothing has been done with it in this long.
When Henson died, I didn't expect, nor necessarily want, the franchise to continue. However, the positive reviews of this flick has my hopes up, and I hope to see it soon... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Caught it yesterday, fun stuff!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Went with the kids on the weekend. It was ok. My 6 year old daughter wanted to leave 3/4 of the way through. Of course , she was under the weather. Neither her or her twin brother laughed much during the movie. Wife and I didn't get it. Maybe nostalgic for a certain age I suppose. I don't know , at 47 am I too old to have missed the whole muppet's craze?
Mike

mcad64 said:
I don't know , at 47 am I too old to have missed the whole muppet's craze?
Mike
Shouldn't be, I've got four years on you and love the Muppets. :geek:

Ok, so to clarify , when were the Muppets on? Did they start on Sesame Street??
Mike

The Muppets were started in the 1950s and were just fun entertainment for TV variety shows and I think they did some live acts. When Sesame Street was being developed, Jim Hensen jumped on the opportunity and created several new characters to be constant regulars on that show. In the 1970s they created a TV series called "The Muppet Show" and it was a huge success, at first. Then it began fading and the muppet guys started making movies to massive success. Frank Oz, Jim Hensen's close friend and the muppeteer behind Piss Piggy and Fozzie bear (among others) started directing and producing and he became a huge success in the industry - still today he is one of the big shots in Hollywood.

They also produced HBO specials like Emit Otter's Jugband Christmas, and HBO series like Fraggle Rock. They also made more serious movies like The Dark Crystal. In the 1990s they slowed down, the Muppet franchise was sold and bought by different companies, and they didn't produce as much stuff. Not long ago they tried to revive the Muppet Show with new characters and back story, but it failed (though it was still hilarious).

Then they discovered the internet and started producing short YouTube clips which turned out to be massively entertaining and all of us long time Muppet fans who loved them in the 1970s ad 1980s. They rebuilt their brand and are now everywhere.

Flint said:
.....They also produced HBO specials like Emit Otter's Jugband Christmas, and HBO series like Fraggle Rock.......

I remember those too. I bought Emit Otter last year on DVD. I loved that show when I was a kid. My son seemed to enjoy it last year, and it was nice watching it with him and also reliving some fond memories. The music on that show's actually pretty good.

My favorite line from Emit Otter's... "Look at the birdies in the trees." - The bad gang leader after racing around on snow mobiles. It was so out of place and unexpected I actually spit out my soda the first time I saw the show.

Flint said:
My favorite line from Emit Otter's... "Look at the birdies in the trees." - The bad gang leader after racing around on snow mobiles. It was so out of place and unexpected I actually spit out my soda the first time I saw the show.

LOL! My brother quotes that line every time I mention Emit Otter.

"We're not, birds...we're a jug band!"

The talent show is my favorite part of the show.

Flint said:

Emit Otter's. . . was recently made available on NF streaming.

Back