• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

So who's got Disney + ?

Deacon

Humble Servant
I don't currently subscribe to HULU and have been refusing to pay for ESPN twice but have wanted to have ESPN+, so now it seems ideal to get this bundle of the three.

Really want to see The Mandalorian series.

Biggest question I have is whether Studio Ghibli is going to be a part of Disney+, anyone have info about that?

I don't currently subscribe to HULU and have been refusing to pay for ESPN twice but have wanted to have ESPN+, so now it seems ideal to get this bundle of the three.

Really want to see The Mandalorian series.

Biggest question I have is whether Studio Ghibli is going to be a part of Disney+, anyone have info about that?

I have Disney+ but did not get the package deal as I already had commercial free Hulu Plus and have no use for any sports channel.

Regarding Studio Ghubli it appears No.

Will Studio Ghibli Films Be on Disney+?

"Back in 1996, Disney became the distributor of Studio Ghibli worldwide, per The New York Times. “Miyazaki’s films feature the same kind of quality family entertainment that Disney strives to produce,” then-chairman of Walt Disney Studios, Joe Roth, said.
Then in 2017, the North American distribution rights of the Studio Ghibli catalog were sold to GKids, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The publication also revealed GKids managed the theatrical rights to Studio Ghibli films since 2010. Nevertheless, Disney continued to distribute Studio Ghibli films in other countries, despite “beginning to consolidate rights under one roof” in North America, as reported by the publication Kotaku in 2017."

I am not currently interested in anything Disney+ has to offer. At this time, I am not signing up. If something changes, I might get it.

We got it, but I gotta admit if it wasn't so cheap, we probably wouldn't keep it. The Mandalorian is ok, although it seems pretty family friendly and I was hoping they would have gone a little darker on it, but it is entertaining. Other than that, most of the movies we have seen, or actually own outright. I will say, I'm streaming it through a Roku Ultra, but only in 1080P as my receiver won't pass a 4K signal, but even in 1080P, the picture quality on what I have watched has been outstanding.

At this point the bait for me is the price plus the fact I can also get ESPN+. Standalone ESPN+ was 6.99 a month and I was too stingy for that. 12.99 for HULU, Disney+, and ESPN+ is a deal I can agree with.

Currently running with Netflix and Firestick but am about to let the firestick go.

I just signed up but elected to pass on the bundle. Like you I can’t stomach paying ESPN twice, and I have no desire for the ad supported version of Hulu.

The value for me is that our granddaughter, like most toddlers, loves Disney and Pixar films. Of course I also dig the access to the Marvel and Star Wars franchises.

On that note ... I think it’s complete BS that The Last Jedi isn’t available on Disney+ until Dec 26. I presume this has something to do with streaming rights on other services.

On that note ... I think it’s complete BS that The Last Jedi isn’t available on Disney+ until Dec 26. I presume this has something to do with streaming rights on other services.
Yes, that is exactly why you won't see it until then. I didn't read the article, so I don't which service has it.

BTW, watched that again a couple of weeks ago, and each time I watch it, total of 3 now, I like it a little bit more each time.

Netflix currently has it

I have it in my Movies Anywhere account too. The point is that it’s a Disney property in high demand and isn’t on their brand new streaming service.

I would imagine the timing also has something to do with the theatrical release of the last film.

Up here in the frozen north it is not bundled with anything and it will cost me 9 Canadian dollars a month. If I still had small kids who love Disney stuff I would say "sure". I don't , so I won't.

My thoughts so far

Pros
  • The catalog is huge. Take the time to get past the home screen and browse the libraries.
    • I was excited to find out that there are way more Disney Nature documentaries than I knew about
    • If your kids like the Disney Channel, this is the service to have
  • Star Wars in 4K!
  • The overall experience is pretty good and the picture quality is on par with the other big players
  • Inexpensive
Cons
  • Not much original content
  • I already own a lot of Disney movies, as well as all the Star Wars, Pixar and Marvel movies

Also can’t seem to find Coco, Incredibles 2, Black Panther, Solo, The Jungle Book or the the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series.

Yes, I know some are on Netflix but still ...

Also can’t seem to find Coco, Incredibles 2, Black Panther, Solo, The Jungle Book or the the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series.

Yes, I know some are on Netflix but still ...
I've never watched Shield, but I could have swore I saw it in the menu when looking.

I've never watched Shield, but I could have swore I saw it in the menu when looking.

I think all of those are still on Netflix. Heh Disney had a contract with some other providers, what are they supposed to do ignore the contract? Its not like they will never be on Disney.

I really do not understand all the fuss.

Back