• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Something New?

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
2 PSA MTM-210'S...........................Yea Baby!!!

DSCN1412_zps1e8da3f4.jpg

DSCN1420_zpsdc801ea1.jpg

DSCN1428_zpsa5d5a3a3.jpg

I have been playing with them for the past 5 Hours or so.

Initial impressions, Clean, Accurate and Effortlessly Loud.

More to follow over the weekend!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

The 30 day trial and Free shipping both ways was the decision maker for ordering these speakers.

Conversations with Tom from PSA (once again, Great Customer Service) about the MT-110's vs MTM-210's for our space resulted in "Let's try (2) MTM-210's integrated with the (2) XS-30's. If we are blown away, we can add (1) more MTM-210 for the Center and (2) MT-110's for the surrounds to complete the 5.1 system.

1 week or so ago I began to actually make a list of songs that I wanted to use for Demo. I did actually purchase the Ultimate Demonstration Disc; Chesky.

I put the Vera's through the paces and the result was they sounded fantastic. From time to time, though, when the material got tough, they did seem to run out of steam and not stay clear, the Paradigm Studio 60's performed the same. Not often, but once in a while. However we have been very, very satisfied with them. I told Barb that the MTM-210's would really have to beat them, in order to keep them and complete the 5.1 System.

Well, the result is PSA getting another order to round out the system.

The soundstage is huge with these speakers and the clarity is just WOW! Amazing! And the clarity/accuracy of the Vera's are hard to beat!

And the real decision was that they did not run out of Steam at all, clarity at all levels of all types of music.

These should be the LAST update for our great little HT!

Congrats Heeman. I like the look of the PSA's in your room much better.

How's the imaging with music? Also, did you suffer listening fatigue? How was the treble balance after turning them up for an extended period of time?

Man....you do suck. I have an electrician coming this Saturday to do some work, then, I can finish the wiring and my room will be done. HOWEVER, I'm getting the itch for a different sub....and your constant upgrading isn't helping my itch.

jamhead said:
Congrats Heeman. I like the look of the PSA's in your room much better.

How's the imaging with music? Also, did you suffer listening fatigue? How was the treble balance after turning them up for an extended period of time?

Man....you do suck. I have an electrician coming this Saturday to do some work, then, I can finish the wiring and my room will be done. HOWEVER, I'm getting the itch for a different sub....and your constant upgrading isn't helping my itch.

The imaging is Great!

No fatigue at all, in fact I kept the SPL Meter with me during the listening sessions and the problem with these being so clear, you tend to crank them up.........the treble, high end was blended very nicely and not in your face. There was some music from the 80's that is inherently in your face, that stuff wasn't so good, but was never good with the Paradigms or the Vera's.

The Chesky Demo Disk really helped evaluate the Vera's and the MTM-210's. The open large soundstage of the MTM-210's was really what made the decision.

My wife, Barb spent a couple hours in the MLP and could not get the smile off her face.

Glad you're happy with them, but I wish you guys would do these upgrades when I have the $ burning a hole in my pocket!

Attachments

• you-suck.jpg
    you-suck.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,499

Nice, Heeman, very nice.

Everyone seems to agree . . . but what about the cat? . . . :happy-smileygiantred:

DSCN1412_zps1e8da3f4.jpg
. .
0032.gif

Awesome!!! Glad that you like them. I would love to be able to get down there for a demo.

John

You know those speakers look like shit in your room so I think you should immediately disconnect them and send them to me where they'll look good in my shitty looking room. You know for the betterment of your system. Oh and since your sending me those might as well go all out and order five more to complete my 7.1 setup.

You truly suck you do know this.

I received the MTM-210 Vertical for the center and the (2) MT-110's for surrounds yesterday. I needed to make modification to the surround mounts and did not get everything set up to play until a few hours ago. Did a set-up calibration for levels and we watched Ironman and then various portions of some of our favorite concerts........The Heeman Home Theater major upgrades should now be complete!

Took some unworthy pic's and will not post due to shitty quality.............hope to get some better ones soon and will post. I have some wire management issues to deal with for the surrounds and need to build some stands for the Front Right and Left Speakers. Some paint touch up also.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

YOU SUCK!!!!

Glad you like it!

I am glad you are temporarily satisfied. Unfortunately the upgrade bug is like many of the antibiotic resistant mutated super strains the medical community is now seeing.

THERE IS NO CURE!!!!!

MT-110's wall mounted as surrounds.

Attachments

• DSCN1495.JPG
    DSCN1495.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,260
  • DSCN1497.JPG
    DSCN1497.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,260
  • DSCN1499.JPG
    DSCN1499.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,260