• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sony Playstation Network Hacked

Towen7

Staff member
:text-link:

I had no idea but apparently Sony's online gaming network has been down for close to a week. Sony says that credit card numbers may have been obtained.

Yikes, thanks for the heads-up. I noticed it was having problems connecting to PSN when trying to use netflix. But I'll definitely be keeping a close watch on the CC I had linked to my account. :angry-banghead:

The only thing I have used was Netflix and the card I used for it is now expired. Hopefully I'm not affected, but I'll watch just in case.

I thought the CC was used strictly with netflix (which wasnt hacked) and not PSN. I signed up with Netflix and havent bought anything on the PSN network ever. So hopefully I am still safe.

MatthewB said:
I thought the CC was used strictly with netflix (which wasnt hacked) and not PSN. I signed up with Netflix and havent bought anything on the PSN network ever. So hopefully I am still safe.

I think you're probably safe. I'm thinking only Netflix has your CC, but what do I know, right? I could be wrong.

Me, on the other hand, I had given PSN my credit card so that I could buy game downloads directly from them. So, just to be on the safer side, I had a new credit card number issued. Granted, supposedly the CC info was allegedly encrypted, but I cancelled it back when info from Sony was not exactly forthcoming and, when it was, it was hardly definitive. Encrypted or not, I still feel better knowing the old card was cancelled, just in case someone out there is also smart enough to break the encryption.

In the future, at least for the short term, I'll probably just buy those prepaid PSN cards you can get at the store. Sony seems to be a favorite target of hackers as of late.

matt, you should be just fine, since you've indicated you gave Netflix and not sony your credit card information. now regards to those women you paid to have services performed is another question.

Kazaam, thats a great idea. proactive indeed. :D too bad i didnt do mine immediately.

jomari said:
matt, you should be just fine, since you've indicated you gave Netflix and not sony your credit card information. now regards to those women you paid to have services performed is another question.

Hey, the only thing those girls ever steal are our hearts!

And, of course, I'm talking about the house-maid who cleans up and organizes everything once or twice a week. We're lost without 'em. So it's all good. That these women wear those skimpy little maid outfits is just a bonus.

:happy-smileygiantred:

41ZfgNWkXyL._AA300_.jpg

Back