• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sony releasing clean versions of movies

Great. Just great! You guys are gonna get MattB all riled up and I'm the one picking him up at the airport next week that gets to hear him complain and vent about it the whole 45 minute ride back to the GTG!

Thanks!

:)

Jeff

Just tell him complaining is against your religion.

Then complain about something.

Great. Just great! You guys are gonna get MattB all riled up and I'm the one picking him up at the airport next week that gets to hear him complain and vent about it the whole 45 minute ride back to the GTG!

Thanks!

:)

Jeff

Wanna get him riled up? Ask him why he feels the need to shoot his insulin at the dinner table and then immediately excuse himself to take a leak.

Okay let's go.

1. To me religion is a farce filled with hypocrites of the highest order.
2. I shoot insulin at the dinner table because it is far more sanitary to lay my syringe on the dinner table then a wash sink where people lay their hands after pissing or shitting.
3. I will always feel HD-DVD was far more superior than Bluray in the beginning and will always argue that point till my dying day. Yes Bluray finally got their act together later on but those first few months were just horrible encodes for Bluray. Since I started at the beginning I fought for HD-DVD as they were clearly better but much like when I chose Beta over VHS because it was clearly superior in PQ the sheeple once again killed a superior media.

Hey you guys never see me post in political threads cause then you'll really see me go off.

Okay let's go.

1. To me religion is a farce filled with hypocrites of the highest order.

You are entitled to that opinion. Just remember that a huge portion of folk on this forum who love you dearly are also very religious and don't feel that way and get a little hurt when you generalize religion in such an extreme way which implies they are also like those you call hypocrites of the highest order, or that they tacitly endorse those types. You are free to write whatever you want, though.

2. I shoot insulin at the dinner table because it is far more sanitary to lay my syringe on the dinner table then a wash sink where people lay their hands after pissing or shitting.

That makes a shitload of sense and I am really glad you said this. That never occurred to me. Thanks.

3. I will always feel HD-DVD was far more superior than Bluray in the beginning and will always argue that point till my dying day. Yes Bluray finally got their act together later on but those first few months were just horrible encodes for Bluray. Since I started at the beginning I fought for HD-DVD as they were clearly better but much like when I chose Beta over VHS because it was clearly superior in PQ the sheeple once again killed a superior media.

Yeah, but you ignored all of the dozens and dozens of reasons HD-DVD was clearly going to fail against BluRay:
- It wasn't as technically capable as the up and coming BluRay standard
- It had too few companies supporting it, a damn near monopoly (which is generally a really bad thing, especially since you hate large corporations and often run on and on about how awful and greedy they are)
- It was released to market before it was ready and the machines were subsidized (sold below cost) in an attempt to force it to win the format war, and many fell for that gimmick and most of those buyers are not happy about falling for it
- It wasn't forward looking enough to be ready for 4K, HDR, and all those other great things BluRay is now delivering with very little change to the hardware or spec
- HD-DVD never had better technical capability, but some of the early releases were mastered better than BluRay discs which were rished to market before the technology was really ready in order to compete with HD-DVD before we ended up with another BETA failure

Hey you guys never see me post in political threads cause then you'll really see me go off.

Yeah, I respect that. I should post less in the Political threads.

Your right Flint. My views on religion are very heated because my whole life I've had religious people straight up tell me I'm gonna burn in Hell for not believing. It's amazing to me that my whole life I've known some truly horrible people that feel they're going straight to Heaven because they go to church once a week but any other day they are just awe full people. I know a couple who are both pastors in a church and they both have told me that I am one of the most kind hearted giving and caring people they've ever met and even though I don't believe in God they've told me that I am a far greater person than 90% of the people who attend their congregations and if there is a God they're pretty sure God will let me in based more on my actions than my beliefs. It's not that I'm against God I'm against people who my whole life have tried to force their beliefs on me than threaten me with eternal damnation because I don't believe.

It's not that I don't believe it's that I want proof of his existence and not "faith" theories. My belief is we are all energy and when we die that energy joins with other energy. Now good people have positive energy and bad people have negative energy. Some will say Heaven and Hell. Since we are essentially energy and physics dictates all energy is constant I believe when we die that energy is released to join the other energy. Wether that energy has a conscience and thought is up for debate. I believe that when people experience ghosts that is residual energy that is leaving an imprint. Some energy is so strong it can cause objects to move but it is after all just energy. I just can't fathom an all powerful being controlling everything but to me positive and negative energy is more plausible.

And apologies to anyone I may have offended with my views on religion. I just find it odd as an agnostic that I wouldn't wish anything bad happen to anybody for any reason but find it odd how good religious people are so quick to banish me to Hell for not believing in their "God". Not just God in general but it specifically has to be their God.

Still feel HD-DVD should've won but what the Hell you got a hundred dollar bottle of scotch out of that bet.

Maybe we should bet on the existence of heaven? You could send me a bottle from hell.

:devil:Bwahahahaha I already know my seats reserved.......along with about half the guys here.

Not saying whom.

But seriously, Matt. Why don't you believe in heaven and hell?

I know I had my doubts, but then I was in my hotel room one day relaxing after the bimbo had gone and on my TV a movie came on which was based on a true story about some annoying little boy in Indiana (or some other useless middle-America state) who had died for a few minutes while under-going a surgery of some sort and when he awoke after it was all over couldn't stop talking about having been in heaven and seeing his grandparents and feeling happy and all that stuff. He was really convincing in the movie, so it must be true.

I respect everyone's right to believe in what they want to believe, and churches have done some pretty good things for humanity. With that said, this joke sums up my feelings on religion. A missionary was visiting an Inuit village, trying to convert the village to Christianity. He was telling the leader about God, Heaven and Hell and what it took to get to Heaven. The Inuit leader asked the missionary when he was done talking, that if he hadn't told him about God, would he still go to Heaven. The missionary replied, yes, you would still go to Heaven if I hadn't told you about God. The Inuit chief then said, why did you tell me about him then.

Ha! My religious views in a nutshell, as brief as I can make it: 1) anytime religion is mixed up with human power structures (e.g. crusades and crap like that), it ceases to be religion; 2) the bible isn't - and isn't trying to be - a logical proof for the existence of God, rather it takes the existence of God as a given and tries to describe what he's like; and 3) there isn't a hell or a literal devil - individual human choices are what separate us from God and are what most people call "evil."

I've actually had a real life religious experience as a child and do believe I met a man who represented God while I was in a coma for five days. I'm still an agnostic even after having this powerful dream as common sense won't allow me to believe half the stuff I've read in the bible. The thing about religion and the bible is you either believe or don't believe you can't pick and choose, so I choose to be agnostic till given more proof.

Back