• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speaker cable vibration?

I agree, I also bet he has zero in the way of acoustic treatments in his listening room. In the martial arts these kind of guys are always looking for some kind of "internal energy". So they can do the mythical death touch or some such crap, it's all about the good or bad vibrations.
Instead of doing some reality based training, along with training against resisting opponents and learning some basic skills of fighting. More fun to make up some thing that does not require real work, and agrees with the way you think things ought to be, who needs that scientific crap.

Microphonics in electronics can happen, but not in wires. With modern solid state components it almost never happens, but I've seen it measured with some low-rent large capacitors in budget gear. Tubes are the most likely to suffer from audible microphonics, but that is often found pleasurable to hear.

If it was vibrating so hard it changed the sound why didn't he just put on new binding posts.

Better yet, if it's that loud to make the cables actually vibrate, then he should just go ahead and sell his system. Chances are he's probably deaf now.

Dibs on the sub.

Yesfan70 said:
Better yet, if it's that loud to make the cables actually vibrate, then he should just go ahead and sell his system. Chances are he's probably deaf now.

Dibs on the sub.
I just removed my speakers, and attached cupcake foils to my speaker cables. The sound is incredible!

but now I want a cupcake. :angry-tappingfoot:

"gurgle, gurgle, gurgle"

Thanks asshole, now I'm hungry. :angry-tappingfoot:

MMMmmmmmmmm..........cupcakes!

cupcakes-1629.jpg

How about the effects of listening to your music in California during a real Earth Quake.

Would the effects of watching 2012 be better?

I turned my subwoofer off because I noticed the resonant effects were causing my speaker cables to vibrate.

Back