• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speaker Shopping - Need Suggestions

Being Canadian and all can I suggest that OTHER Canadian manufacturer that no one mentions! How about a pair of PSB ,Image, Imagine or whatever you can get your hands on for cheap used or closeout stock. I had some Image B25's that I thought were a great speaker for the money. Saturday Audio has some deals on them right now. $279 for a pair of Image b25's in Black. It has a 6.5 woofer and can actually put out some very decent bass. They have the C60 centre for $199 (also has the 6.5 woofers).
Five bills plus tax for some pretty decent speakers IMHO.
Mike

mcad64 said:
Saturday Audio has some deals on them right now. $279 for a pair of Image b25's in Black. It has a 6.5 woofer and can actually put out some very decent bass. They have the C60 centre for $199 (also has the 6.5 woofers).
Five bills plus tax for some pretty decent speakers IMHO.
Mike

Thanks!

Towen7
It's been over a month since your last post . Did you ever buy any speakers? Just curious!!
Mike

I did.

I decided that for TV watching $1500 was too much to spend. I came extremely close to buying a used pair of Studio 20's but a dear friend of mine with connections to an AV distributor got me a nice deal on a pair of Polk Audio TSi 200s and a CS20 center channel speaker. I had an old Mirage box sub laying around so I added that too. I connected everything to an old Denon 2105 receiver (also just laying around).

I couldn't be happier. The TSi 200's are an MTM design and blend very well with the CS20 both sonically and cosmetically. IMHO the setup sounds pretty darn good and looks okay too.

Not to sound nosy, but what did you end up paying in the end? I always like to see how thrifty some of us are with our HT spending.

No problem if you don't want to answer that.

Let's just say that I paid a little less than retail. :eusa-whistle: The Polk TSi 200s sell for $300/pr and the CS20 center channel sells for $300.

The Denon 2105 receiver was just laying around as was the little Mirage sub and all the cabling.

Sounds good. I'm thinking about moving a pair of my Mackies upstairs to have a 2 ch setup in the living room. I got a spare receiver laying around and a used Squeezebox heading my way, so that should be a nice little setup.

Only bad thing is a pair of little prying hands. Might scout the pawn shops for some cheapo speakers until little man get bored pushing in the drivers' cones.

Back