• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Squeezebox Classic Issue

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
Last night the time would not display on our SB.

So I figured for the hell of it I would download the latest Software Upgrade.

After the upgrade the time was displayed and all operated just fine........until today.

I got home from work and noticed the time was not on the SB. The wife said "oh yea, forgot to tell you".

Also the typical brightness was low.......hum????

Just a note, in the past in order for me to get the time to display, I would always have to disconnect from SB Home to SB Server.

I started to troubleshoot the time issue and was on hold with SB waiting for a technician. As I waited I changed back a forth from Home to Sever and hit the display button a couple of times and............

the time suddenly appeared!!! I hung up because I was still on hold.

Now it does not matter if I am on SB Home or Server and the time appears when I turn the SB off..........It seems like I am missing something here???

Can any of you guys shed some light on this for me??

Thanks!

Not sure. Usually when my SB (classic) is blank an no time showing, it means it can't see the server for some reason, usually home networking issues or the server PC is down. But I always have it connected my main server, so I'm not quite sure what you mean about "SB home" vs "SB server"...?

i have a classic. i just downloaded the latest version. i never had an issue with time display. as long as the server was running it was displayed when the squeeze box was off. when music is playing i have display now playing. has to be something in your settings.

Squeezbox Touch has an option to display the time when the unit is not powered up. You may want to check the classic for the same option.

Rope

goto your server...click on settings...goto the player tab...make sure it looks like this..

Screensaver when stopped Date and Time
Screensaver when off Date and Time

Here is what I see on the SB Classic:

Go to "mysqueezebox.com"

Connect to "Squeezebox Server"

Before I needed to be connected wtih mysqueezebox.com to see the music folder on my PC.

NOW, I can see my music folder when I am connected to "Squeezebox Server"

Never could before, had to switch between them:

hawk52 said:
goto your server...click on settings...goto the player tab...make sure it looks like this..

Screensaver when stopped Date and Time
Screensaver when off Date and Time

hawk52

I am not sure where to look. I am not running a Server, just a PC with an external hard drive where the music folder lives.

Where should I look? I looked under Display and Settings, however I did not see anything related to clock, Date and/or Time.

I am running XP if that helps?

Rope said:
Squeezbox Touch has an option to display the time when the unit is not powered up. You may want to check the classic for the same option.

Rope

I do not see that option, it was always there when the player was turned off, ONLY if I was connected to Squeezebox Server. It did not display when off, when connected to mysqueezebox.com

Thanks!

Do you run your PC 24/7? If you don't, I bet that's your issue.

If my PC goes off for any reason, I get a blank screen. As long as it's on, I get the clock display since the SB is still "technically" connected to my server (PC).

Also (in case settings got changed with an update) if you feel the clock display is now too big or small compared to before, you can just hit the size button on the bottom of the remote to cycle through the different font sizes.

Yesfan70 said:

If my PC goes off for any reason, I get a blank screen. As long as it's on, I get the clock display since the SB is still "technically" connected to my server (PC).

Also (in case settings got changed with an update) if you feel the clock display is now too big or small compared to before, you can just hit the size button on the bottom of the remote to cycle through the different font sizes.

The PC is on 24/7.

Yup, I am aware of the size button.

I have had the SB for almost 3 yrs now and never a problem.

Can anyone explain the difference between:

mysqueezebox.com and squeezebox server?

heeman said:
Yesfan70 said:

The PC is on 24/7.

Yup, I am aware of the size button.

I have had the SB for almost 3 yrs now and never a problem.

Can anyone explain the difference between:

mysqueezebox.com and squeezebox server?

Squeezebox server is what runs off your computer

mysqueezebox.com is over the internet and you need to have an account setup to use it. If yu don't have an account or are not running it you will get a balnk display when you select it.

EDIT: After looking up mysqueezebox.com and signing in I don't think you can play music from it, sems to be just for adding "apps" and managing things.. I just always use my computer.

Before the update I needed to be connected to Mysqueezebox.com to see my music folder on the PC.

I would need to switch to Squeezebox Server to listen to Internet Radio or Apps. In this mode I could NOT see My Music Folder on the PC????

The issue with the clock appears to be fixed, don't know how?? But it is!!

Also, when connected to Squeezebox Server I can now see My Music Folder??

I will let you guys know if I have any other trouble!

Thanks!

I've only ever had mine connected to "server" AFAIK; but makes sense that your local music folder on your server would show up on "server" not on "squeezebox.com". Kinda weird that it would have been the other way around...

Back