• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Squeezebox owners.........

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
.....Probably old news, but you can now FF and REW. before it would FF/REW at x2 playback speed and nothing at all for non native formats like WMA Lossless and Apple Lossless. Here's what the screen looks like when you hold the FF/REW buttons down:

IMAG0065.jpg

The longer you hold one of the buttons down, the faster it will scroll through the track. Once you let go, it will resume playback at that point in the track. Pretty freaking cool!

All my music is ripped to Flac, so I don't know if this will work for the other formats that have to be transcoded to Flac or other native format.

Sorry if this is old news.

Yeah, I think I've noticed that before. But if I need to go to a specific spot, I usually use the web browser control, then you can just click anywhere in the track and it'll go there. (again, at least for FLAC)

PaulyT said:
Yeah, I think I've noticed that before. But if I need to go to a specific spot, I usually use the web browser control, then you can just click anywhere in the track and it'll go there. (again, at least for FLAC)

That's the beauty of having a laptop or tablet. Have you tried this with the other lossless formats? I may convert a file or two to WMA and/or Apple just to see if this works for them.

I know one thing. It didn't take me long to scan to the end of a 12 minute song. Pretty fast!

No, I've not tried it with other formats, I've always had only FLAC from the beginning... Testing it just now, it does seem to work with MP3, too. I don't have any other formats to try at the moment.

Do you guys know if this is working because of the latest software upgrade (that I have not downloaded yet)?

With FLAC, it's always worked for me. I never tried mp3 before so I don't know; the server version I'm running is Version: 7.6.1 - r33110 @ Wed Aug 17 18:52:34 PDT 2011.

PaulyT said:
With FLAC, it's always worked for me. I never tried mp3 before so I don't know; the server version I'm running is Version: 7.6.1 - r33110 @ Wed Aug 17 18:52:34 PDT 2011.

I just tried it and it works with mp3.

I'm using the version before the newest one.

And I was using the Remote Commander or what ever it is called. (the one that comes with the duet)

PaulyT said:

Mine is Version: 7.5.1 - r30836 @ Tue June 1 06:02:45 PDT 2011

Back