• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Razz

My thoughts.....

WOW!!!!

This was fantastic! A multitude of parodies. Just wonderful. I don't want to say to much because having them come about was shocking to me. I'll let a few more chime in on this movies before I start talking about all of them. I seriously can't wait to go see this again. Of all the Star Treks made...this was my favorite.

Just got back from seeing it. LOVED it. I especially loved the homage to Wrath of Khan with all of its little reversals. Brilliant.

Cool... I'm hoping I can get to see it this week. I think my dad and I are going to make it a father-son outing.

It's pretty darn good! And I agree with Haywood. That kind of stuff made it even more entertaining. Though, I think the first Star Trek is a little bit better. (Tried watching it last night on FX, but I needed to get me sleep.)

I kind of hope they make more than just 3 of these movies with the current cast.

went tonight to see it...I liked it a lot, even the wife did and she's clueless about star anything movies. Well done, though I wish I didn't have to see it in 3D (only showing available) as I find it terribly distracting, unnecessary and it kinda gives me a headache.......plus $15 a seat is fucking sickening.

I didn't bother with 3D and caught a matinee, so I only spent $24 for my family of four. We LOVE matinees.

i have to hit up wrath again before watching this. maybe this weekend.

i have two free tickets, but dont work until two weeks into showing.

im soooo looking forward to this.

in lieu of it tho, i watched a whole buncha star trek movies recently. forgot that nemesis was the last one aside from the most recent one with pike.

ive always been an TOS fan, but TNG's movies are pretty much awesome. :handgestures-thumbup:

Wife and I went to the New Xtreme 14 in PG county near Waldorf.

We enjoyed the showing in 3D and yes it did leave me with a headache also.
I enjoyed the spin with Kahn, the plot changes. Has me looking to NG and Voyager to see what the time directive will do in the 26th century and if they will come back to do some fixing on the first movie. Will the current Spock become Ambassador, and will he be able to save the Romulan home world and will their be NG nemisis?

The wife liked the Home Theater recliners with the installed butt kickers.

Saw it. Didn't bother with the 3D.

Fun movie, quite enjoyed it. The thing was visually incredible too- I just couldn't tear my eyes away from the sheer beauty of what was on screen. Just absolutely drool inducing. Oh, and the parts that weren't Alice Eve and Zoe Saldana looked pretty nice too.

Finally seen it tonight. I should have went sooner and seen it in 3D. I rarely go alone but both my sons went already. This is almost enough to buy a 3D set next year.

It was terrific. I do not recall when I enjoyed a movie more perhaps Batman Begins. I think Gene Roddenberry would have approved. The movie held to the spirit of the original series very well. I could barely walk after the movie as my knee locked up some being in the seat for over two hours. I couldn't bring myself to get up during the movie. The new actors really grew on me during the second movie. Did not care for Khan as much as the original but he was quite good. It this does not create a new generation of Trekkers I do not know what will.

Razz had it absolutely right.

I think Roddenberry would have been horrified by what this film has done to his legacy.

As a stand-alone film, taken in isolation from everything that came before it, it is an ok movie / good entertainment. But just as the new Superman movie is nothing but an anti-homage, so too is this Star Trek.

It's simply all-wrong on too many levels.

In both movies blowing shit up was the only point. Again, seeing shit get blown up, all on its own, can be entertaining. But not at the expense of the character(s) and ethos that are the heart of the franchise(s).

You know, the last Bond films (and especially the last one) took us back into the character that Ian Fleming created. This Star Trek (and Superman) take "character" and turn it into caricature.

Jeff

I can kind of see your points, Jeff. I don't know about Roddenberry being horrified---but, maybe. At least there was some question of ethics and humanity raised during the first 1/3 of the film. Though it did feel maybe a little bit like a token throwback to the ethics/humanity of some of the previous Star Trek episodes/films. That said... I think this version of Star Trek 2 rocked! Maybe not as much as the first JJA-directed Star Trek, but still rocking nonetheless. Like you said (I think), they made fine "standalone films". And I'll add with neat little perks in twists on previous Star Trek movies! I look forward to the 3rd installment.

And I love the current cast. I'd like to see a second trilogy set of films made with them. But maybe with a director other than JJ Abrahams since he's going off to Star Wars now. And maybe see a slight bit more exploring and slightly less blowing up of sh!t. I think current Spock could easily pull off the acting for his character. Not sure about the rest of the cast with their characters, but I'd be willing to watch and see them try.

Back