• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Star Trek TNG fans!

Huey

Famous
LINK Completely redoing the series for a Bluray release. The little clip does look fantastic, although it looks like they messed with the colors some. If I read the article correctly, it looks like they are completely redoing all of the cgi scenes.

I think the fact that I'm REALLY excited about this shows my Trek fandom. I'm actually a little giddy! I hope they do this with all the series'. I didn't see an anticipated release date....

Sweet! I love TNG, would be very tempted by this.

I absolutely loved TNG....

But $22 for three episodes and it's only a 4:3 format... really?

If I recall Encounter at Farpoint was the Pilot episode and was 2 hours long. As far as the 4:3, we were recenlty watching Xfiles and I said the same thing. It must be they never shot the show in 16:9.

Razz said:

You think about when the series was on, most people only had 4:3 tv's at the time. Could you imagine the backlash if they would have shot it so that people had black bars. I would rather have that, then for them to crop it.

Razz said:

I think Fred is right. That show started in the late 80s, so I doubt any of it was shot in 16:9. If it was, it was probably the last 2-3 seasons.

I don't mind the black bars if it means not cropping or (God forbid) stretching the picture to fill a 16:9 TV. To me it's no different than watching letterbox movies on my old 4:3 RPTV.

Back