• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

StargateCinema.com

StargateCinema

Hello,
I have been emailing the owner of the forum that last day and a half and he asked me to take a minute to introduce myself and our company. My name is Ken Lerch and I am the owner of StargateCinema.com. We specialize in home theater seating and and other home theater decor items like signs, popcorn machines, carpet, drapes, tactile sound products and more. Please feel free to contact me here or on our web site if you have any questions about seating, home theater layouts for seating, or other decor items. I would be happy to answer them for you. I look forward to being an active member of this forum, especially when it comes to my expertise.

Welcome Ken!

I have more than a few props to give you and Stargate and will do so shortly. I have far too many irons in the fire at the moment, especially for a Monday. In the meantime, prepare yourself for some glowing comments.

It's all about customer service, right? Doesn't matter what you're buying, if you're treated well; treated fairly; with respect: you'll be a happy customer, right?

Last month I started shopping for some new seating. I had two concerns: cost and size. I was not content to go the Berkline or Palliser $500/seat route yet I didn't want to go the Jaymar or Elite $2500/seat route either. Additionally, I can't accommodate chairs that are 35-40" wide either. Low and behold, I found the Fortress Californian. The Californian is their Quick-Ship, only-comes-one-way model. It's genuine leather on all the body contact areas and a matching faux leather elsewhere to keep costs down. Best of all, it was only 32” wide (22” seat with 5” arms – as opposed to the more typical 24” seat and 6” arms). It was price-fixed (same price at all resellers) at $1099 so it seemingly didn't matter where I bought it. Seemingly is key here but we'll get to that later.

t_90196-04_t_400.jpg

Since I was buying it sight unseen, I wanted the ability to return it without a restocking fee if I was dissatisfied for any reason. Ultimately, I’m looking to buy three seats but with the potential of a return, I just wanted to start with a single chair because it would be much more economical to return one than three. If I like it and decide to keep it, I’ll buy two more.

There seemed to be two respectable places to buy it: The Theater Store and Stargate Cinema. So I decided to look into their respective return policies. Stargate's website didn't state their return policy. At the time, there was a link for it but it did not take you to where it was supposed to. The Theater Store specifically stated 30 Day return for any reason. So, on February 20th, I ordered it with them and their site also specifically stated 7-10 day delivery. The next day, Feb. 21st, my credit card was charged and I was emailed a statement but this statement now mentioned a 10-14 business day delivery. That's TWICE as long! In the grand scheme of things, it really didn't matter a whole lot but I was hoping to have the chair here by or before the GTG on March 15th so either one worked but the latter was just a bit more 11th-hour.

On March 6th, 2 full weeks after placing my order, I still hadn't received any notification that it shipped so I called. My salesman didn't seem at all concerned or even happy to help me and passed me off to some flunky CS rep who was equally inept. He put me on hold for about 20 minutes and when he got back on the line, simply said Fortress was out of stock and the chair had to be made. They expected to have it completed by March 9th and it should ship by the 11th. Alright, that works. Just barely, but it works. The chair should arrive the Friday of the GTG. Friday comes and goes. No chair. No contact. No shipment notification. No nothing.

Monday the 19th I call again. I explain that it's been 21 business days since I placed my order for a quick-ship 7-10 order and I fail to see how this is considered quick-ship. Naturally I'm put on lengthy hold again and then told the chair is made but Fortress is waiting to hear from the shipping company as to when they're picking it up but they expected that to occur that very day. I was also told I would be given notice of shipment and a tracking number by the next day. The next day, Tuesday, came and went. As did Wednesday and Thursday. Nothing.

I contacted Stargate and spoke with Ken. I explained the situation and even told him why I chose the Theater Seat Store over Stargate (return policy). I continued that I was considering cancelling my order and reordering it with Stargate. Ken informed me that Stargate has a similar policy and that if I chose to do so, he was there to help. I opted to give The Theater Seat Store one more business day (Friday the 23rd) to get their shit together and told Ken I'd contact him next week. I heard nothing Friday or over the weekend so first thing this morning, I contacted Ken and asked him to find out just how soon he could get me this chair. Before he could get back to me with an answer, FedEx Freight calls me and says they'll be delivering a package to me this Thursday from Fortress Seating. Unfuckingbelievable! I have half a mind to refuse the delivery! Needless to say, I won’t be buying the other chairs from The Theater Seat Store.

As I mentioned, I'm looking to buy a total of three chairs. They don't necessarily have to be three identical chairs. In fact, I'd prefer that they not be identical, just symmetrical. Assuming I'll like the Californian, I'd buy another Californian and use those as the outside seats and then buy a single "special" chair for the center. Since I'd only be buying one "special" chair, I could probably splurge a little bit and get something a bit nicer and more luxurious. Well, of all the seating I looked - and there was a lot - only two caught my eye and both were from Tahoe Seating.

tsunami-l-1.jpg
newmoney-l-1.jpg

The fact that they're both from Tahoe is not a problem. The fact that The Theater Seat Store sold them and Stargate did not, well, that was bothersome given recent events.

As I'm explaining all of this to Ken, I asked him if he could do anything with Tahoe Seating because I didn't see them listed as a brand Stargate carried. He very promptly and very politely said they didn't carry Tahoe but that he would look into becoming a dealer. I wasn't even finished reading this email when another came in. This one said that he had just spoke with Tahoe and that they're becoming a dealer so we were good to go on anything I liked from Tahoe. HOT DAMN!

From the first moment I spoke with Ken on the phone as well as each and every subsequent email, Ken has done what he said he'd do, did it quickly and went far beyond what I expected anyone to do. And in each instance, made me feel like I was his only customer. Just the amount of time he spent with me was astonishing. So in addition to making my future purchases with Stargate Cinema, I also invited him to hang out here with us as often as he can.

VERY COOL!!!!!

Ken, :text-welcomeconfetti: to the fray!!

If you wanna drop by and meet a few of us next month, you're more than welcome. Just check out my thread in the GTG section.

Look forward to seein you on the forum.

John

Based on this thread I decided to give Stargate Cinema a shot. Wow! Customer service thus far has been fantastic. I've traded e-mails with Ken a couple of times and he always replied quickly. Now that our order has been placed, Mary has been on top of getting configuration confirmations. All that's left is the wait for delivery. We originally planned to go with two rows of four of the Californian that Zing posted about and those need about a month of lead time. We then realized that seating for eight was overkill and that over 95% of the time it'd just be the wife and I. Therefore we went with a nicer love seat for the front row with power recline. Unfortunately the lead time on that is closer to two months. Oh well, I'm sure we'll survive hanging out in the cheap seats for a month...

model_c1_navythumb-01.jpg

NICE! :handgestures-thumbup:

The pic looks like an Elite Seating model. Is that what you bought or is it a Fortress model?

Chuck that love seat looks great...........

When do we get to see some pic's of your room?

heeman said:
Chuck that love seat looks great...........

When do we get to see some pic's of your room?

Based on the current pace of the project I'd say sometime in 2016... :angry-tappingfoot:

Thus far it's been pretty uninteresting (and slow) thus I haven't bothered with pics. Basement was unfinished; it now has drywall. As of Sunday evening it also has a kick-ass stained concrete floor everywhere except the HT area which will be carpeted.

Hopefully in a month all of the construction will be done as well as some of the furnishings.

Back