• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Starter kit?

Ha! No kidding. It seems to be my standard MO - go through a couple of scenarios, do more research, and change my mind. In this case I didn't really change it, just shifted forward the HP purchase for a bit. :music-listening:

When I first started shopping for speakers years ago I thought I would go with Martin Logans, then Revels, then I was certain I would buy B&W. Then I actually purchased the Dyns. That was a good call I think.

Just got my Shure SE535s. Except they aren't. Someone at Amazon, or another customer, screwed this up. Inside the 535 packaging was an apparently used pair of 530s. Nice. The paint was slightly chipped, definitely all wrong.

So off to UPS with a return authorization I go....

I do not buy squat from Amazon. I have been stung three times now with the "this isnt what you ordered but we think its comparable" amazon scam.
I dont think it happens with "typical" Amazon fair but it happened to me twice with old movie posters and once with a small chopper diecast replica.
Amazon let me return all three items, but it took like three months to resolve the issues from order date to refund date when all was said and done.
Never again will amazon get a dime from me. :eusa-whistle:

Bummer!

I buy from Amazon all... the ... time.

I've never not gotten exactly what I've ordered, but I do make sure to buy for Amazon directly and not one of their third party sellers. There have been a few snafu's but nothing Amazon didn't resolve quickly.

For the past 5 years I shop at Amazon before I go anywhere to get something unless it is urgent I have the item in my hand immediately. As such, I get dozens of packages each month. So far, over the past 10 years, I have had to return 3 items due to damage or receiving something other than what I expected - three times out of thousands of deliveries.

I trust Amazon more than anyone else, even local shops.

I use Amazon all the time. They have already shipped a replacement and I have shipped back the wrong one.

Guarantee that someone ordered a 535, placed their old 530 in the box, and returned it. Like I said an "interesting" way to get a free upgrade.

But.... if you purchased a product advertised as "new", it is flat out illegal to send you something which was already shipped to another customer. Once a product is shipped, it is considered "used" or "refurbished" or even "previously shipped and unopened inventory".

Good point. The box was a little beaten up but nothing that couldn't have gotten that way sitting on a shelf. Those 530s were definitely used though. One ear had chipped paint and you could tell that someone twisted on a set of plugs.

And this was not from an Amazon sponsored reseller but from Amazon itself.

HMMMM...... maybe Amazon is good for "every day" items then? Try, just try ordering an original 70's Dawn of the Dead poster and see what happens. LOL!

My latest Amazon mishap was a KISS poster from the 70's, said they had two new AND more used.....but no, I got a brand spanking new reprint. UGH.

So you are ordering collectables off a web site?

Sorry, that's the one thing I don't do on Amazon. I never pay top dollar for a rare collectable without seeing it first.

I am willing to bet any classic collectable was sold by someone other than Amazon, as well. I try to avoid buying from the "amazon marketplace" where the order is fulfilled by a third party.

Yeah, that could be it. And I've ordered probably pushing 1,000 mostly used CDs through amazon, mostly their resellers, over the past few years, and have had very few problems, and none that weren't resolved fairly quickly.

You got to hand it to Amazon. I got the replacements already. And this time there was no doubt this was a new box - crisper packaging, everything sealed as it should be. Listening to my new 535s right now.

Have to say that they are a little harder to fit so far but they will break in. The cables near the ears are thicker and it's harder to wrap them around the top of the ears.

And the sound.... so nice...

Back