• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Stereo Preamp?

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
Can anyone on here suggest a good stereo preamp for about $300.

I am currently using the preamp section of a Yamaha receiver and thinking of selling it to a friend.

The preamp would need to have a remote control for the volume.

We stream radio from the Squeeze Box so no need for the Receiver part.

:text-feedback:

If you are only using it for the Squeezebox than you have a pre-amp. Just get a 2 channel amp. If not than find a used Parasound Classic 2100, has a sub out if you use a sub in your rig.

-B- I also need inputs for the CD Players and Analog outs from the TV.

Flint - Why are you such a huge fan of this preamp??? $399 new; $299 refurb.

Thanks guys!

The Z-Pre is a no nonsense, solid design with amazing performance and veyr basic features. It performs just about as good as any preamp under $2,000 and has just enough inputs and outputs as is needed for a very basic unit. I have one and love it. I cannot image needing anything fancier or costlier unless you need more inputs or something like a subwoofer output.

Flint said:
The Z-Pre is a no nonsense, solid design with amazing performance and veyr basic features. It performs just about as good as any preamp under $2,000 and has just enough inputs and outputs as is needed for a very basic unit. I have one and love it. I cannot image needing anything fancier or costlier unless you need more inputs or something like a subwoofer output.

You still have that 2100?

Heeman -

Stowed away in a low-boy cabinet, I have a Yamaha C-70 stereo preamp, which has a parameteric equalizer, MC phono output, all strictly analog. If you have an 2 channel amplifier, you're welcome to this one on the cheap. Don't have the original box, although I do have the original owner manual. It's regarded as the "vinyl lovers" preamp.

image.php

image.php

Rope

Rope said:
Heeman -

Stowed away in a low-boy cabinet, I have a Yamaha C-70 stereo preamp, which has a parameteric equalizer, MC phono output, all strictly analog. If you have an 2 channel amplifier, you're welcome to this one on the cheap. Don't have the original box, although I do have the original owner manual. It's regarded as the "vinyl lovers" peramp.

image.php

image.php

Rope
Holy Hell, I lusted after than thing when it first came out! Bringin' back memories! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

I've also retained the M-70 power amp, T-70 tuner, and CD-2 compact disc player. No boxes (went the way of the leaky water heater) but all original owner manuals.

Rope

Well Sonny, I still have my CA-810 Integrated Amp:

Yamaha_CA-2010_Integrated_Amplifier_Amp_Salvage_Parts_web.jpg

...and the manual AND the box! :banana-dance: (I still have my CT-410 tuner and Csomething cassette deck, also with manuals and boxes).

Hey Rope,

Send me a PM with details ($), age, does it have a remote.

Thanks! :music-rockout:

Get that Yamaha preamp. It totaly kicks ass! I had one from about 1989 until 1994. I especially loved the truly adujustable loudness compnsating volume control.

Model C70 does not have a remote.

I had a Yamaha AX700 Interegared Amp for 18 years and loved it, however needed to ditch it after we bought the plasma TV. Needed a Remote Volume Control. The Late 70's and 1980's Yamaha Products were great!

Thanks anyway Rope!

heeman said:
Model C70 does not have a remote.

I had a Yamaha AX700 Interegared Amp for 18 years and loved it, however needed to ditch it after we bought the plasma TV. Needed a Remote Volume Control. The Late 70's and 1980's Yamaha Products were great!

Thanks anyway Rope!

The absence of remote control never crossed my mind, but what a bummer it would be without remote control. Back in 1981, audio enthusiasts were all about hands on with their electronic gear. Remotes began to appear in 1982-83, and were very basic, not full control remotes.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Heeman!

Rope

The Onkyo P301's have remotes. I had one at one time, prices are very reasonable. The Zamp or if you can get a 2100 in your price range are very good bets though.

Back