• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Steve Holland of Molly Hatchett Passed!

Randy

Superstar
Steve Holland, part of the triple guitar threat of Southern Rock Icons Molly Hatchet passed away at the age of 66 on August 2, 2020.

Steve was the sole surviving member of the original lineup which included:

Danny Joe Brown- Vocals
Dave Hlubeck- Guitar
Duane Roland- Guitar
Steve Holland- Guitar
Banner Thomas- Bass
Bruce Crump- Drums

I don't know about the rest of you guys, and I don't remember ever having a Molly Hatchett conversation on here before but these guys were in constant rotation when I was a teenager.

My next door neighbor, older guy (oldest brothers age) played drums in a band, turned me on to Molly Hatchet when he got the first album Bounty Hunter and Gator Country had me hooked. Then Flirtin With Disaster came out and I got it for Christmas and I wore that sumbitch out. Then I got No Guts No Glory while still in high school with its absolute masterpiece, the anthemic, Fall of the Peacemakers and I did my best to wear out a cassette as quickly as possible. There was a group of about 5 or 6 of us that sang the songs off No Guts No Glory through basic Training.

Absolutely my favorite Southern Rock band, I have seen them either 4 or 5 times live, and got to see the original lineup twice. So incredibly good live and they put on a show.

Molly Hatchet rocked hard and from every story you read lived even harder. Unfortunately it took its toll on the band and the individuals. I don't think any of them made it to 70.

RIP boys and thanks for the ride!

I don't know their stuff at all. Will have to look some up.

Back