• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Strange SB Activity

mzpro5

Famous
I was working yesterday and had to reboot my computer. At the same time I had Radio Paradise playing thru my SB.

After rebooting the SB screen was blank which is normal if I power down or reboot the computer BUT even though it looked like the SB was not working their was music still playing. I let it go all night and still this morning RP was coming thru the SB even though the server was not running on my computer. And then when I started the Squeeze Server the SB shut off until I hit play again.

Any ideas what is happening?

You have just crossed over into...

twilight-zone-big-bonus.jpg

Jeff, ever since upgrading to the newest version of SqueezeCenter, or whatever it is they call now, the web interface on my computer is not working properly. Doesn't show any active squeezebox's. Everything else works fine, but it looks like there might be a glitch or two in the new build.

Huey said:
Jeff, ever since upgrading to the newest version of SqueezeCenter, or whatever it is they call now, the web interface on my computer is not working properly. Doesn't show any active squeezebox's. Everything else works fine, but it looks like there might be a glitch or two in the new build.

I am running the version just before the latest one. I am always hesitant to jump right in on a new version as several years ago I had quite a few problems with an upgrade. Their upgrades are not always completely stable in my experience.

Even on the version I am using I now have to "manually" start the server on my computer when restarting after powering down even though it shows as a program in the startup menu. Before it automatically started on powering up.

mzpro5 said:
Even on the version I am using I now have to "manually" start the server on my computer when restarting after powering down even though it shows as a program in the startup menu. Before it automatically started on powering up.

You have the controller program set to start but not the server itself. You need to go into the controller program and on the first tab I believe there is an option to have the server start automatically. I intentionally set my server not to start because my music is on an external hard drive and I have to make sure it is up and running before the server starts otherwise the server can't find the music.

As for the apparent "ghost in the machine," I believe that internet radio stations do not go through the server software. The SB connects to the music stream directly that's why it was able to play without the computer. However the display and all the other crap does rely on the server - a little 'reset' is done when communication is established between the two.

CMonster said:
As for the apparent "ghost in the machine," I believe that internet radio stations do not go through the server software. The SB connects to the music stream directly that's why it was able to play without the computer. However the display and all the other crap does rely on the server - a little 'reset' is done when communication is established between the two.

Thanks CM I thought maybe the Internet radio essentially went right from my router to the SB.

Well time to move on to other critically important issues of the day.

Back