• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Stream Mayweather vs McGregor on Roku or Sony TV?

In the early rounds McGregor looked good. His jabs and footwork were good. He definitely landed some good punches. He hung in there better than most expected but in the end Mayweather stuck to the game plan and let McGregor tire himself out and he delivered the shots when and where he needed to daze McGregor to the point where they called it. They certainly hyped up the fight according to script but Mayweather won by being the seasoned veteran that he is. 50-0 and end of career with a huge payday.

I was entertained by the fight. I thought it was interesting how often Mcgregor's MMA instincts kicked in in close quarters and he had to be stopped by the ref or stop himself. It was clear in the beginning he had the proverbial "punchers chance" but aside from 1-2 memorable uppercuts and 5-6 jabs he ultimately didn't do much damage at all. Mcgregor really ran out of steam right at that 25-26min mark. I think Mayweather could've ended it in the 9th, but let Mcgregor out of it so he could return in round 10 and really go off, which he did. I thought Connor Mcgregor hung in and made it a respectable fight.

Yes, it was ok and went just about exactly as I thought it would. Floyd played it safe early and figured out McGregors style and when his tank started to run dry he pounced. Floyd was very defensive in the first 4 and then you could see his game plan go into effect.

It was ok but like Tom said, the shitshow wore me out. But they all got paid and that is exactly what they were planning.

Floyd even eluded to the fact that this was the only fight that could make him that kind of money. When asked if he would come back for another big payday he basically said there is not another payday like that out there for him.

He was however very humble and respectful in his post fight interview and I was very impressed with how he handled that.

Question from the Peanut Gallery: When you pay a premium for a telecast, single event like this, is it commercial-free?

Yes it is commercial free. At least for now. You will have to put up with the organizations promotions for upcoming events, but those are usually very closely related to what you have purchased, ie., the UFC promotes upcoming UFC events and that is not horrible.

Back