• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Streaming Audio from Galaxy S4 to Receiver ?

If you have an extra HDMI slot look at the Chromecast. It's $35, works via wifi and will also do video and screen mirroring for some games IIRC.

-B- said:
If you have an extra HDMI slot look at the Chromecast. It's $35, works via wifi and will also do video and screen mirroring for some games IIRC.
Hey -B- ! Good to hear from you. We have a Chromcast but I quit using it because of having the solid "pink" screen and having to reboot alot...then it would be fine...then back to issues. We use our WiiU now for Netflix & Amazon Prime.
So, I can stream my music to the system by way of the chromcast ?

You da man -B- ! Now I need to find the Chromcast & check it out. I'm guessing I need to install the app on the phone to connect to it.

I believe you need to DL the app. Then the option to cast will usually show up in the upper right corner for whichever app supports it. My previous house I had no issues at all. For some reason my new house with the "upgraded and faster" router from FiOS doesn't seem as trouble free. Every great once in a while I get a hangup or a long pause between songs, but I haven't suffered it with music on the device.

In my experience the sound quality is better than Bluetooth streaming as well.

-B- said:
In my experience the sound quality is better than Bluetooth streaming as well.

That was going to be my next question.

okay got it hooked up but get this:
Unable to play the song. Can't play a sideloaded song remotely.

try adding the song to Google Play and listening from there. In fact, because it holds 20k songs for free you should just upload the entire library.

I use a really cheap generic Bluetooth audio receiver for streaming from my Galaxy S5.

I don't think we're going to do that. Also, Amazon Prime instant video doesn't "play" right on the chromcast (Netflix works great). There may be apps that cost that can work but no thanks. My son will do some research.

Amazon has a similar device to the Chromecast if you're a heavy Amazon user. If not just grab a reasonably priced Bluetooth device.

Flint said:
I use a really cheap generic Bluetooth audio receiver for streaming from my Galaxy S5.
I think thats what we'll do. That link I gave is a logitech bluetooth adapt & only cost $26.99

Flint said:
At the current price of $9.99 I'm intrigued.

However I'm also kinda confused by the instructions found on the Amazon listing:

"You are kindly reminder that It must be connected for power supply while using.

Instructions for use:

1. Insert the receive the speaker into usb interface, and the other end connected through the 3.5mm audio cable to the receiver and the LINE-IN interface of speakers
2. Open the Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone (or computer), and search the surrounding Bluetooth devices to find a device called dmzmusic and then its' pairing code is 0000, after the pairing is successful, the led light will slow down
3. Then you can select the music via Bluetooth from a cell phone or computer, a great music will play from speaker

Do not support Handsfree."

Flint, can you interpret this to mean "Plug the little sucker into any USB port, pair it to the source device, and play away"? There's no other "power supply" or need for the "3.5mm audio cable" - correct?

Thanks.

Jeff

You need to connect it to an analog input, hence the 1/8" connector.

It has a small battery that lasts bout 4 hours, but mine is always plugged into a cheap USB power supply.

Thanks. I knew it looked too good to be true - at least in the context of what I hoped it did. Just removed it from my cart.

Jeff

Flint said:
A Bluetooth receiver requires power from somewhere, eh?
Which is why I had assumed that it would be powered from the USB port, and not somewhere else. The Chenglish description that's part of the Amazon description that you linked to says "Power Supply: 5V USB." But then it says "Output: 3.5mm Audio interface." Is there a technical reason why you can't have both power and audio through the USB at the same time?

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
Flint said:
A Bluetooth receiver requires power from somewhere, eh?
Which is why I had assumed that it would be powered from the USB port, and not somewhere else. The Chenglish description that's part of the Amazon description that you linked to says "Power Supply: 5V USB." But then it says "Output: 3.5mm Audio interface." Is there a technical reason why you can't have both power and audio through the USB at the same time?

Jeff

Yes, USB ports on receivers and audio electronics are not like computer USB ports which accept USB input devices. The USB port on a receiver can read storage, but you cannot plug in a USB audio card and feed what is basically streaming audio into the USB port.

Well, got my package yesterday, they shipped a hexigon folding play pen. So returned the play pen. Next trip to Best Buy I will check on something like what Flint is using.

Back