• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

studio 20 need a doctor

lovemytoys

i have a pair that someone use to step up on .need i say I'm pissed .i have a house in the country that i let my nephew use with his friends.so last weekend i went up and i see the cable hanging out of one ,with what you know part of the the terminal still attached .does any one know where i can order one ?? thanks :angry-tappingfoot:

Aww man, that sucks. The only thing I could suggest is searching audiogon or even ebay to find someone selling a single speaker. And of the right version...

Is the case totally destroyed, or just the the back panel pulled off or...? In other words, any chance it's repairable?

it is only the lower post broke .it doesn't look like i can just change the post , i need to replace the hole piece .it ver 5

Can you post a picture? Many speaker parts are industry standard parts. Depending on what it is, it may be repairable at low cost.

Parts express carries a lot of that type of stuff. And there's always the mfr.

Are these the speakers you are talking about? One of the posts is broken out of the panel?

Attachments

• studio20v5.jpg
    studio20v5.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 551
lovemytoys said:
Wardsweb said:
Are these the speakers you are talking about? One of the posts is broken out of the panel?
yes that what i have to the tee lower right knobe is

Is the plastic broken off the banana jack? Could it be reused if the mounting for it was repaired?

Wardsweb said:
lovemytoys said:
Wardsweb said:
yes that what i have to the tee lower right knobe is

Is the plastic broken off the banana jack? Could it be reused if the mounting for it was repaired?
yes where the banana jack goes into and used to hold the jumper in place .i look but didn't take it apart ,it looked like a molded part ?? oh thanks for all the help

Pull the screws out and see if the missing piece is inside. If it is ,you should be able to glue it back in place with some epoxy. If not, all is not lost. You can use some wide box sealing tape. Don't use duct tape, you need a smooth surface. Tape the face flat and smooth. Turn the panel over and fill the back side with metal epoxy like JB Weld. Spread it wider than the opening so it can grab onto good plastic. Let it sit 24 hours. You can now pull the tape off and drill where the jack needs to go. It won't be factory pretty but should work for you.

Why not contact Paradigm and see if they can send you a new part?

Can't hurt to ask.

I tend to go OEM first; MacGyver second.

Jeff

Back