• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Summer Concerts

Haywood

Famous
My wife and I have tickets to see The Struts, The Who, Peter Frampton and Heart this summer.

Anyone else have concert plans?

The amazing thing is that I got two tickets each for The Who, Heart and Peter Frampton for a total of $260 for all three.

Samantha Fish is playing here in August (half a block from my office) for an event called "Rally in the Valley" which is essentially a gathering of bikes, Blues bands and BBQ. Last year was the (last minute scheduled) inaugural event here and it drew over 400 people with almost no advertising. Now that we've been on the schedule for a year, they're expecting 1000-2000 people this year which is enormous for a small parking lot venue. If the crowd is tolerable I may grab a bite and listen to Samantha.

I realize this doesn't qualify as a concert but since I have no plans of attending an actual concert, this is all I got.

Samantha Fish is playing here in August (half a block from my office) for an event called "Rally in the Valley" which is essentially a gathering of bikes, Blues bands and BBQ. Last year was the (last minute scheduled) inaugural event here and it drew over 400 people with almost no advertising. Now that we've been on the schedule for a year, they're expecting 1000-2000 people this year which is enormous for a small parking lot venue. If the crowd is tolerable I may grab a bite and listen to Samantha.

I realize this doesn't qualify as a concert but since I have no plans of attending an actual concert, this is all I got.

Samantha Fish is amazing. She played in St. Louis on New Years Eve and I wanted to go oh so bad.

I was hooked when I heard her cover War Pigs by Black Sabbath and she sang "Satan laughing spreads his wangs"!

Hell yes southern blues girl rockin out to Black Sabbath with a little country twang. Me likey me likey.

The gentleman that orchestrates this event is also our Hospice barber. He was amazed at the turnout that transpired last year. They started planning the event for this year, shortly after it ended last year. I have to reach out to Jeff regularly, he hopes for the turn out Zing mentioned this year. I hope to join Zing, and support Jeff with this event.

September 26 -- my current favorite band (Flogging Molly) and one of my older favorite bands, (Social Distortion).
socialflogging_19_1024-1024x576.jpg

Steve Miller with Marty Stuart is on the schedule Jun 21 and Heart is sometime after that, but I cant recall the date.

Steve Miller with Marty Stuart is on the schedule Jun 21 and Heart is sometime after that, but I cant recall the date.

I bet you never told us how bad Judas Priest was.............................

I bet you never told us how bad Judas Priest was.............................

Oopsie,

I forgot to update. Great show all in all and that was mainly because of the surprise that was Uriah Heep. They fuckin RAWKED.

I was never a big fan and only knew Stealin When I Shoulda Been Buyin and Easy Livin, but damn those old dudes put on a show.

The lead singer still had amazing chops seeing that he must be 70 (ish) or damn near, the lead guitar player (founding guy) still had some chops but made these weird, disturbing hand gestures while playing that really made no sense at all and that were kind of off-putting to me but I digress, the drummer beat and slammed his drums with ferocity and showed them no mercy (in a good way), and the bass player was killer, this dude must have had 20 fingers. Oh ya, and they had some keyboard guy in the back but I rarely ever pay attention to keyboard guys cuz, well they are keyboard guys. Man, that would have been a lot more fun if Botch were still here.

Uriah Heep kicked ass. Engaged the crowd, talked about the Blues playoff game going on right around the corner and were just overall really, really good.

Judas Priest was visually stunning, I got some great pics and a cool video of Hell Bent For Leather, but they did a lot of deep track stuff and frankly they have enough hits they could have done more of them.

Scott Travis is a solid drummer and put on a good show, Ian Hill stood in the back and pounded on his bass like he always does, the two new guys (no Glenn Tipton, I believe he has ALS or something like that, and no more KK Downing) traded off guitar work as they should have and were both very good.

Rob Halfords vocals seemed way back in the mix, complicated by the fact that I forgot my good Etymotic Research ear plugs and had to wear those shitty foam things, and it really didn't sound as good as it should. He appeared to be hitting most of the ridiculous Rob Halford high notes but they were so soft and recessed it was hard to tell. Rob never talked and there was no exchange with the crowd at all just straight ahead rock n roll, Judas Priest style.

Overall great show and well worth the money. $120.00 bucks including fees for Row A and we had aisle seats to boot.

Listening to Eddie Trunk a couple of days later only to find out Rob Halford cancelled a show in CO because he had bronchitis or something so that maybe explains a lot.

Back