• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SVS has a new owner

Towen7

Staff member
:text-link:

The SVS Team is proud to announce our new parent company is Specialty Technologies, LLC, a newly formed Company whose partners are all enthusiasts and consumer electronics industry professionals, like us!!  The new SVS will be better prepared to offer our customers new and cutting edge products and the industry’s best service and support.  Plus the SVS team will still be with the new company, keeping us true to SVS’s original vision of uncompromised products and service developed by performance enthusiasts to outperform everything in their price range.

Wow... So the strategic head of Monster (and i assume the guy responsible for suing anbody that makes AV cables or even has the word Monster in their name) is now the head of SVSs parent company. Let's hope their plan isn't to grow that brand by the same means as Monster.

I have slowly been losing interest in SVS due to their chosen direction and that fact that they are no longer a good bang/buck for subs based on other ID companies.

To me, this isn't very good news.

Come on Tom V.....bring something interesting back to the audio world.

jamhead said:
I have slowly been losing interest in SVS due to their chosen direction and that fact that they are no longer a good bang/buck for subs based on other ID companies.

To me, this isn't very good news.

Come on Tom V.....bring something interesting back to the audio world.

I'm glad I bought my speakers when I did. Hopefully, this will give them some financial backing to finally produce a stellar, top line speaker system.

Oh no, Monster branded SVS subs at the Best Buy for triple what we paid for them. I don't see this ending well. They will have more marketing hooey, sell $100 cables and be praised in high end circles while the prices creep up and up. It's a great day for HSU.

Where do ya'll see that Monster Cable is taking over SVS ? Just from a short search of Specialty Technologies, LLC, I read that the VP of Monster Cable for the past 2 years, Gary Yacoubian will be working with Ron & the rest of SVS.
I do miss Tom V. He was an okay dude & rebuilds some fine cars.

Monster certainly is not taking over SVS. The concern comes from the former Monster exec who was the head of their strategic planning. Certainly a large part of Monster's success has had much to do with their strategic execution (including suing almost anyone in the cable business... or any other business with "Monster" in their name) and not their products' quality or pricing.

Towen7 said:
Monster certainly is not taking over SVS. The concern comes from the former Monster exec who was the head of their strategic planning. Certainly a large part of Monster's success has had much to do with their strategic execution (including suing almost anyone in the cable business... or any other business with "Monster" in their name) and not their products' quality or pricing.

I have to agree with Towen here Barn. If this is the same guy responsible for all those lawsuits to these small "maw and paw" stores (ex: Monster Golf), then I'm very disappointed. I think when I first heard of Tom V leaving, that was the crack in the wall. This news now seems to be the nail in the coffin, but I hope I'm wrong.

B, you may be right. HSU may have become the new (or lone) king of the hill among enthusiasts.

There's on caveat to this that is being overlooked:

...Yacoubian has been VP, strategic development for Monster Cable for the last two years. Previously he was president of MyerEmco and served as chairman of the executive board of the Consumer Electronics Association...

Becuase he was only there for two years, I highly doubt that he was the one behind all of those lawsuits. I'm not saying he's definitely not that way; instead, I'm just pointing out that just because he was ever w/ Mon$ter doesn't make him the anti-Christ.

I do feel that SVS's being bought out is a sad thing for enthusiasts. It also makes me really curious about what Tom V. is up to... :eusa-whistle:

John

I seem to remember him saying that he had projects going, but would not elaborate. I hope we know something soon. TV always seemed like a really class act.

Randy said:
........TV always seemed like a really class act.

Yeah, I remember him recommending a Sony sub to someone at S&V, because it was a better fit for the guy's needs and budget compared to the cheapest entry level SVS sub at that time.

That's class and also the signs of a true enthusiast. :handgestures-thumbup:

Man I really hope they don't screw with SVS subs and out price them. I am about to get a new job were I can make a lot better money and I have had my eyes on their subs for a very long time. But since getting a medical discharge from the military money has been tight. So I have held off on getting one. I want the ultra series. But it they and the rest of my my plans work out it won't really matter I will then just go the IB route. :banana-dance:

Back