• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SVS Ultimate Bass Experience: coming soon near you

TitaniumTroy

https://www.stereophile.com/content/ultimate-bass-experience-starting-tomorrow-new-jersey

Thinking about going to the one in Rockford IL, on the 12 of Dec. Maybe I can win a fun new toy to play with, or sell on eBay.

Loudspeaker manufacturer SVS is embarking on a launch event tour for its new 4000 Series subwoofers. These free events will feature prize giveaways, home-theater demos of the new subwoofers, and a presentation by SVS president Gary Yacoubian, as well as "festive" local refreshments.

Last edited:
Rockville is 3 hrs and 50 min for me, but by train its an easy trip to Joliet. Hmmm???

Oh hell, its in Rockford not Rockville. I think the train goes right to Rockford.

Glad I clicked on this link. It starts later tomorrow (well...later today) at an Electronics Expo about 10 minutes away from me.
I'll try to check it out...

Glad I clicked on this link. It starts later tomorrow (well...later today) at an Electronics Expo about 10 minutes away from me.
I'll try to check it out...

Cool, if you make it will you give us a report?

I don't think there is any way I can make it up there on Dec 7th on this short notice. I am swamped at work and taking a thu and fri off right now is probably completely out of the question.

Cool, if you make it will you give us a report?

I don't think there is any way I can make it up there on Dec 7th on this short notice. I am swamped at work and taking a thu and fri off right now is probably completely out of the question.

Absolutely. If I make it, I'll be sure to take some pics, clear out my earwax and report back.

I may be attending their San Antonio event in January, assuming I am not out of the state for work.

I was able to attend, though I was a bit late.
Food and drink were provided. I missed out on the food (pasta, chicken maybe something else provided by a local Italian restaurant).
Cookies, chips and...ALCOHOL! I had 1 drink and the bartender did not skimp on the vodka poured in my Solo cup.

I arrived as Gary Yacoubian was speaking.
They had their towers and satellites setup along with the PB-4000 (new).
Then they went into a movie scene (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2) demo, music demo (The Police, live) and eventually another movie/music scene (Baby Driver).
This was in a very large box store room. There were maybe 40-50 people?
They really like to play these things super loud. The speakers had no problems and the sub...was powerful.
Nothing amazing or ridiculous, but then again, it was a very large room. It had no trouble. Plenty of bass.
Sounded great. They also had a 2.1 setup (music only) in a separate room and a smaller 5.1 setup (bookshelves + I think the SB-4000).

The giveaways were some speaker cable, subwoofer cables (I won!) and a full 7.1 setup w/ a Marantz receiver.
Somebody's wife "she went home sick" won. Even though they had said "you must be here to win". Boo!!!

Have to say, I have the PB12 Plus 2 that I purchased...probably 10 years ago.
It's huge. It is the height of my couch that it sits behind. It is a perfect table.
These new jobbies are...almost half the size. It's amazing what they have done with size and footprint.

I am glad I made it out there. Gary was very personable. Nice to get out and listen to speakers and subs.
If anyone has a chance to go, I can't imagine you would be disappointed.
Free food, drink, audio, video. Worth the 10 minute drive for me for sure.

Hmmm...I have some pictures...I'll get them loaded somewhere and post them here at some point.

I was able to attend, though I was a bit late.
Food and drink were provided. I missed out on the food (pasta, chicken maybe something else provided by a local Italian restaurant).
Cookies, chips and...ALCOHOL! I had 1 drink and the bartender did not skimp on the vodka poured in my Solo cup.

I arrived as Gary Yacoubian was speaking.
They had their towers and satellites setup along with the PB-4000 (new).
Then they went into a movie scene (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2) demo, music demo (The Police, live) and eventually another movie/music scene (Baby Driver).
This was in a very large box store room. There were maybe 40-50 people?
They really like to play these things super loud. The speakers had no problems and the sub...was powerful.
Nothing amazing or ridiculous, but then again, it was a very large room. It had no trouble. Plenty of bass.
Sounded great. They also had a 2.1 setup (music only) in a separate room and a smaller 5.1 setup (bookshelves + I think the SB-4000).

The giveaways were some speaker cable, subwoofer cables (I won!) and a full 7.1 setup w/ a Marantz receiver.
Somebody's wife "she went home sick" won. Even though they had said "you must be here to win". Boo!!!

Have to say, I have the PB12 Plus 2 that I purchased...probably 10 years ago.
It's huge. It is the height of my couch that it sits behind. It is a perfect table.
These new jobbies are...almost half the size. It's amazing what they have done with size and footprint.

I am glad I made it out there. Gary was very personable. Nice to get out and listen to speakers and subs.
If anyone has a chance to go, I can't imagine you would be disappointed.
Free food, drink, audio, video. Worth the 10 minute drive for me for sure.

Hmmm...I have some pictures...I'll get them loaded somewhere and post them here at some point.
Thanks for filling us in. My interest is has been swayed back towards going. You could do a lot worse then an overnight in San Antonio.

Back