• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The 2012 Grammies

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
There's only one TV show I always watch, once a year: the Grammies. They're on right now. An added pall with the death of Whitney yesterday, but so far LL Cool J has hosted it great. Some pretty boy named Bruno Mars did an early song, by the end I was pretty impressed (I'd never even heard of him before).
Springsteen opened the show, and a Beach Boys reunion and Macca and Adele performances are scheduled, but what I'm really looking forward to is the Lifetime Achievement Award to Glen Campbell. I love his songs, and the fact that he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last year, recorded his last (and according to some, best) album, and is doing his "farewell" tour right now, makes it all that more poignant.
The awards themselves aren't that important to me. I like watching many of the performances, getting caught up on "modern" music (guess I'm getting old), and discovering one or two new artists I wasn't familiar with before.

EDIT I: Foo Fighters: drummer has a t-shirt with the old NACA/NASA emblem on it, with TRKY printed across it. Whazzat about?

EDIT II: Beach Boys "reunion": it started with a tribute by Maroon 5 (?) with most of the backup musicians also singing (I'm pretty sure it was Greg Phillinganes on keys, and he doesn't sing). Okay, but not great. They handed it off to another band, whose name I didn't catch but they looked like a Beach Boys coverband, same outfits and haircuts, and they looked a bit starstruck.
Finally, the remaining real Beach Boys came on, including Brian Wilson. He looked a bit confused, and dropped half a verse of "Good Vibrations"; the whole thing wasn't very "comfortable" to me.... :(

EDIT III: I've not really followed Taylor Swift. Damn she's beautiful!

EDIT IV: Just saw the Katie Perry segment, it was odd but don't see why it necessarily sucked... :think:

EDIT V: Adele: god bless decent throat surgeons!

EDIT VI: Glen Campbell looked good. Wish he could've done "Wichita Lineman"; that song's been running in my head for the past week, incredible song...

Watching ... Great stuff. Taylor's performance was super. Coldplay better. Can't wait for Adele.. Anyone see her on 60 minutes?

Oh yea, Beach Boys sounded alright, but was waiting for the wheel chairs to be brought out. And please I hope no tears.... Also, Katie Perry sucks...

Just flipped it on and caught Adele, she seemed nervous and kept smiling at somebody out there, still incredible though. One of the songs/artists of the year IMO..

Im enjoying the Grammy,s and agree Katie Perry sucked. And boo on best country song The king of Country George Strait was better than all the country imposters. :D Just not a big fan of that pop country crap.

Hey a tribute to to Glen Cambell is up alright.

hawk52 said:
Oh yea, Beach Boys sounded alright, but was waiting for the wheel chairs to be brought out. And please I hope no tears.... Also, Katie Perry sucks...
Ah, that's right; I'm watching this an hour or two after you guys. Macca just came on, here...

hawk52 said:
Can't wait for Adele.. Anyone see her on 60 minutes?
I did. Anderson Cooper did the interview, I guess CNN doesn't have a complete grip on their "talking heads"...

Batmam, you're right she has serious stage fright... Stated on her 60 minutes interview tonight..

What's up with Mickey mouse on steroids?.. Not a big foo fighter fan.. But singing mice... Not for me......

hawk52 said:
What's up with Mickey mouse on steroids?.. Not a big foo fighter fan.. But singing mice... Not for me......
41r%2BwW9NPML._SS500_.jpg

Rope

Rope said:
hawk52 said:
41r%2BwW9NPML._SS500_.jpg

Rope

Yeah, Deadmau5 is kinda the new big thing for the young folks (damn, I'm not one anymore) You'll probably hear about Skrillex too in the near future. Dubstep friends, Dubstep. Wanna know what it is? It's a bunch of 80's shitty synth noise and warning alarms with beats and bass bombs. Some of you got the idea from The Big Bad Wolf video Zing posted. Here's what it does to Kramer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSSYTGU5EGY[/youtube]

Hated hearing that Glen Campbell had Alzheimer's terrible disease. His performance was affected he forgot and messed up lyrics so sad.

WTF was up with that performance by Nicki Manaj good lord all the unsigned talent on this planet and she makes it to the Grammys.

Never really got into Adele and saw all the hoopla this week and saw that both her albums where on that huge collection Jeff gave me so today I had two hours to kill before picking up my GF for our Valentines dinner and gotta say I loved both her albums. Very impressive.

Have you ever really listened to Taylor Swift sing? She can't. She just can't sing at all. really listen sometime if you can stand it. Looks don't make a singer. A face doesn't make a body either. Ever see that picture of her in a swimsuit? scary.

koufax65 said:
Have you ever really listened to Taylor Swift sing? She can't. She just can't sing at all. really listen sometime if you can stand it. Looks don't make a singer. A face doesn't make a body either. Ever see that picture of her in a swimsuit? scary.
Yes I have and I don't care for her either...shes at best slightly above average. But there are others making it in the music biz with worse attributes.

Batman said:
koufax65 said:
Yes I have and I don't care for her either...shes at best slightly above average. But there are others making it in the music biz with worse attributes.

I agree with you both, but at least she seems to keep her nose clean, and so far has proven to be a decent role model. For that alone, I wish her continued success, but not at the expense of me listening to her.

Huey said:
Batman said:
koufax65 said:

I agree with you both, but at least she seems to keep her nose clean, and so far has proven to be a decent role model. For that alone, I wish her continued success, but not at the expense of me listening to her.

Ill say one thing she sure struck a chord with a certain age group of girls and her song writing is pretty clever. Its not my type of Country but I do think she has enough talent to be around for a good long while.

Also I googled Swifts and bikini and seen the youtube video and personally she looks like a 19 year old kid should hope she doesn't fall for the boob jobs and tattoos and crap. She seems like she has her head squarely on her shoulders.

She'd be hot with tattoos...a little pinup action and put her on Suicide Girls.....hotness. Yeah, she's porcelain pretty, can't say I've heard her music but I'm hedging a bet there is nothing country about it.

Back