• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The 22 Worst movie Monsters

I do not consider a giant boob to be a monster, in fact, quite the opposite.

Rope

I was in agreement until they thrashed Attack of the Killer Shrews, The Blob and Them. Yeah the effects werent all that great but the movies were.

And I am close to calling them out on Killer Klowns if only because of the "guilty pleasure" value.

Orbison said:
They don't write songs anymore like the theme from "Killer Tomatoes". It's a classic!
That's one of the ones I want to see, it's right up there as the "worst" movie of all time.
I have seen "Polyester", which is the worst movie I've seen in 51 years, and I want to get a copy because it was so much fun. The world's first "scratch-n-sniff" movie! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :doh:

Orbison said:
They don't write songs anymore like the theme from "Killer Tomatoes". It's a classic!

I think the song that made the tomatoes shrink and die was worse than the theme song.

Off-topic, but if you get a chance, watch "Plan 9 from Outer Space" - a B&W 50's classic in which the spaceship used a shower curtain for the cockpit door! :happy-smileygiantred:

I LOVED the Toxic Avenger movies in high school and I'm still a huge fan of Mars Attacks!

Worst movie I ever saw was "Something Wild" with Melanie Griffith, Good lord I was a teenager and so drunk I could barely walk and my date somehow managed to get me in this one. I was so drunk I couldnt get up but recall the movie was 90 minutes of pure hell.

Worst big-budget Hollywood movie of all time: The Island of Doctor Moreau with Val Kilmer and Marlon Brando. Terrible does not BEGIN to cover it. I spent the whole movie thinking, "This has got to be the bottom, it can't possibly get worse." and yet it always did. It was an endless downward spiral of bad. Bad acting, bad writing, horrible special effects and costumes that looked like they were leftovers from a low-budget 1950's horror movie.

I take exception to the Martians from Mars Attacks. Outside of the whole conquering earth and destroying all humans thing they were some pretty cool Martians. How often do you see monsters with an abundant sense of humor?!

Haywood said:
I LOVED the Toxic Avenger movies in high school and I'm still a huge fan of Mars Attacks!

Agreed 100%! Both movies never took themeselves seriously, and were so campy they were good. Looking at Toxic avengers, there were some good campy movies in that period, and while not a monster movie, Hardbodies was always one of my favorites as well.
Rob

Back