• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Batman

Staff member
Famous
WTF guys?!?! We are still an A/V forum right? Has anyone seen this yet? :happy-smileygiantred: :teasing-tease:

Seriously we caught this on the 3rd early morning at an IMAX theater in LV. I will post my thoughts on it but for the most part they are very positive. I'm running out of time to head in for a 1/2 day of work...

I want to see this one but the GF hates super hero movies so alas tomorrow we are seeing "Ted" and "Brave", but I'll have to wait to see this one at home.

This hasn't really been an A/V forum for years. It is more of a food and digital photography forum these days.

I have hope, though. Music is just too important for its reproduction to go undiscussed for too long.

I'm seeing this for the second time in a few minutes here. First time for my two sons. I liked it so much I took them without hesitation. Just sitting here waiting for previews to start. I can tell you that if they stay consistent with the feel and tone from this film to the rest of the recently announced trilogy, it will age much MUCH better than the Raimi/Maguire trilogy...

Batman Begins and that formula, has its fingerprints all over this film. And why not since it was successful critically...

Flint said:
This hasn't really been an A/V forum for years. It is more of a food and digital photography forum these days.

So just get a fuckin' camera or a pellet grill so you can join in. Shit.

PaulyT said:
Flint said:

....or an iPad......anything Apple

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:text-imsorry:

Sorry Flint, it's been a stressful night over my way. Don't mind me.

my iDevices reject that statement Barney :laughing-rolling:

Flint said:

Huh, I thought it was a travelogue...

:angelic-green:

Yeah I just got a brand new iPad yesterday (typing this post on it right now) C'mon Flint anyone whose cool has one. :happy-smileygiantred:

PaulyT said:
Flint said:

:laughing-lettersrofl: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :laughing-rolling: :eusa-clap:

I thought Botch had the better comeback. Ya know the whole Flint World Tour, with his low res pics and tiny camera.

A co-worker of mine was really impressed with this movie. However he did feel since a lot of the movie was filmed in at nite and darkly lit, that he might have preferred it in 2D. So the movie would have been brighter, minus the darkening effect of the the 3D glasses, so anybody else think this that saw it in 3D? Also this was not a IMAX theatre, but I have heard some techies prefer the Cinemark's Barco Digital projector vs IMAX's version.

Ok so, he was also a little inebriated at the time, still. :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

I would think a print (or digital file) of a 3D movie could automatically be "lightened up" to compensate for lossy goggles...

TitaniumTroy said:
A co-worker of mine was really impressed with this movie. However he did feel since a lot of the movie was filmed in at nite and darkly lit, that he might have preferred it in 2D. So the movie would have been brighter, minus the darkening effect of the the 3D glasses, so anybody else think this that saw it in 3D? Also this was not a IMAX theatre, but I have heard some techies prefer the Cinemark's Barco Digital projector vs IMAX's version.

Ok so, he was also a little inebriated at the time, still. :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:
Both times I saw the movie in 3D, once IMAX, once not and don't share that opinion...

Saw this today at a 4K theater, GF liked it better than the one with Tobey McGuire but I wasn't as impressed. It was good but not great for me. Did like Denis Leary though.

Flint said:

I have hope, though. Music is just too important for its reproduction to go undiscussed for too long.

Well if you show up at Bats I promise to talk about music and A/V equipment!!!!!!

Back