• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Amazing Spider-Man

the ONLY reason why im watching the new version...

2003839490.gif

Watched Amazing Spider-Man this morning in IMAX 3D.

Great movie. Its an extremely well done reboot worthy of the source material. They did a fanatic job of bringing all of the elements of the character (and introducing a few new ones) into the modern age without being too comic-ey.

There were a handful of scenes that captured the web slinger exactly as he's depicted in the books. Andrew Garfield does a (pardon the pun) amazing job. He's a good actor, for sure, but he has the body of Spiderman and can move like Spiderman. Toby McGuire was, IMHO, never quite "right" for the role. It may have been Rami's direction but his Parker was, to me, a little too wide-eyed and naive.

Totally agree with Towen, Toby Mcguire just isn't Spider Man the new Spider Man (can't think of his name) is probably the best they could of chosen!
:text-bravo:

Chris, another A/V question for you. Not counting screen size, do you think there is any meaningful difference between an IMAX and a comparable Barco Digital projector on the screen? This would include the 2D and 3D version's, I have read that IMAX is supposed to jump out at you more, while RealD 3D is supposed to pull you inside the screen more.

A couple of times in the past, I have had reflections be a problem with the 3D glasses. But have not seen this as of late, I do like the fact that you can buy higher quality aftermarket 3D glasses with RealD 3D. However I think I would need to see the two projector's side by side to choose one over the other in 2D or 3D

I'm not sure, because in my mind it is the difference in screen size that makes it difficult to make that comparison. I will say that, due to the quality of the image, I would choose IMAX every time if it were more practical to get to an IMAX theater, 3D or not. Beyond that, I can't honestly say I have scrutinized the 3D technology that closely...

Speaking of 3D... I was expecting the 3D to waaaaay over-done. The first trailer I recall seeing was a pretty-cool run across roof tops from Spiderman's point of view. It was neat but was obviously meant to show-off the film's 3D. However, the 3D in the movie was rather subtle. To me that's a good thing. Maybe I was just pulled into the movie too much to notice, but in some scenes there appeared to be no 3D at all. That's not to say that the effects weren't well done.

Saw this tonight........I loved it!! WWWAAAAAYYYYY better then any of the three previous ones imo.

Back