• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

Towen7

Staff member
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4[/youtube]

I'm not sure Spiderman needed a re-boot. Super Man however....

No way I am watching this. How many fucking times do I need to see Peter Parker's balls drop?

Towen7 said:
I'm not sure Spiderman needed a re-boot. Super Man however....

Agreed.

I can see another Spidey movie but why do the whole origin thing over again. It was excellent the first time.

And Sally Fields as Aunt Martha? no, no

Reboot needed? Not really, but as long as they continue to respect the character I'm okay with it. I believe from what I've read that this film is truer to the comics than SM1, which did a fine job itself. For example, PP manufactures his web slingers in this movie I believe, which is what he did in the comics...

I guess they botched up 3 so bad they want to erase it from our minds. I'm thinking this new one will be less child oriented and cutesy vs. the previous. I think it'll be better, but I am surprised how quick they jumped to it. There's a seemingly new serious approach to comic book based movies, I think the Batman movies are a key part of that approach......that said I hear the Green Lantern movie was not good. Shame, as Green Lantern is a favorite. But Spider Man has always been my favorite comic, ,even though I wasn't a big comic geek.

I wish they would revamp these movies to follow the theme of the graphic novels instead of the kiddie comics. Nolans Batman series is doing a fairly good job of keeping the story dark and foreboding. But most comic movies are pretty lame in my opinion.

To me it's fairly simple, respect the character and what it is that made them so popular to begin with. Usually it's a trait the super-hero has that most people can relate to in real life and good villains when it comes to the mainstream characters that are now woven into pop-culture...all Nolan has done with Batman is gone back to the characters dark and brooding roots and pulled elements from some of the most popular graphic novels of all time. Couple that with Nolan's story creating/telling ability and the fact that he's passionate about the character, (he truly GETS Batman) and the studio is sittig on a goldmine...which is why he'll step into the producer's role when he's finished with his trilogy next summer...

Spider-Man, Superman and many others have a rich history of really great stories if the studios would just put the franchise in the hands of someone who gives a shyt. Granted Raimi DID care but the studio called too many shots over his head and he obviously lost interest during the production of SM3...it almost turned into a really bad mix of parody and musical....sigh what a disaster when you look back on it.

I couldn't agree more but I must say that some comics just don't work well on screen. It's not the fault of the studio/director... it's what Stan Lee called suspension of dis-belief and it's totally different on printed pages than it is in a movie. The Fantastic Four is a good example. It's a tough sell that 4 individuals were all exposed to the same radiation and all four got different super powers. An individual with super powers is tough enough to sell but 4 on the screen at the same time time is a stretch. The same thing is true with Thor. Believing that there are gods in an alternate reality is a much bigger leap than exposing a Bruce Banner to a little radiation.

It's for that reason (I think) that the movies of the individual Avengers have to come-out first. You have to give the audience a chance to suspend their disbelief slowly. If the studio decided to go the other way it would never work.

But using your FF example, there's also a reason why among comic crazies if you asked 100 of them who their favorite character is you probably get a pretty equal split between Bats and Spidey, superman a close third with some hulk, xmen and perhaps iron man & green lantern sprinkled in and I'd say less than 10 would say FF even if the movies didn't exist...there's a reason some of them are second tier characters even before making it to the big screen and I think that also translates to BO success or failure...w/o a good story/screenplay these secondary characters have no shot at all at success at the movies...

which reminds me to ask,

did good ol cap'n america ever used a gun? if im not mistaken (and without cheating and googlin it), i remember he used it as a soldier, but didnt consider it once he rose from the ice...

sidenote: i sometimes prefer not to google things, because i believe that at one point or another, stories, like comics, have much more essence coming from someone who personally experienced it. a great example is hearing how someone from chicago here at work, remembered the day he heard marvin gaye was shot... that always is different for someone.

jomari said:
which reminds me to ask,

did good ol cap'n america ever used a gun? if im not mistaken (and without cheating and googlin it), i remember he used it as a soldier, but didnt consider it once he rose from the ice...

sidenote: i sometimes prefer not to google things, because i believe that at one point or another, stories, like comics, have much more essence coming from someone who personally experienced it. a great example is hearing how someone from chicago here at work, remembered the day he heard marvin gaye was shot... that always is different for someone.

Cap was first in WWII, a result of a project to develop the perfect soldier and was outfitted as Captain America. He fought thru WWII with his young companion Bucky, because it seemed every super hero of that age needed a "young ward". If I recall correctly Bucky was killed in one of the fights against the Red Skull. He did use a .45 during his WWII Cap'n America days. At the end of the war he got caught in the ice, I don't recall how, and eventually was found, thawed out and started a "second career" part of which was joining the Avengers.

essentially, its batman that im thinking about, who hates guns - correct?

for some odd reason i always thought captain america hated em too. i knew about his older origins, but never remembered bucky. this is of course, the older, older comics.

you know one character id love for them to make into a movie?

lobo_l.jpg

^ Lobo? I think that a screenplay has been contracted out, if I remember correctly...hmmm

Yeah Batman doesn't use guns but his thing is, he will not kill under any circumstance if he can help it. One exception comes to mind in the modern era of comics is, in the year two story line he turned a gun on his parents killer, Joe Chill, but just before he pulled the trigger, the Reaper (the story's antagonist) took Joe Chill out himself...

i recall in 'the dark knight returns' he 'killed' superman, but it doesnt count.

lobo was supposed to have a movie last 2009, but never got the green light.

mzpro5 said:
jomari said:
which reminds me to ask,

Cap was first in WWII, a result of a project to develop the perfect soldier and was outfitted as Captain America. He fought thru WWII with his young companion Bucky, because it seemed every super hero of that age needed a "young ward". If I recall correctly Bucky was killed in one of the fights against the Red Skull. He did use a .45 during his WWII Cap'n America days. At the end of the war he got caught in the ice, I don't recall how, and eventually was found, thawed out and started a "second career" part of which was joining the Avengers.

I think a lot of that has to do with Cap's shield. His first shield (which is similar in shape to the NFL shield logo), was some sort of steel alloy mix which he used during WWII . The second more familiar disc shield is made from the fictional metal vibranium. This metal is lighter and stronger than the old shield and because of its unique properties, has a boomerang effect when thrown a certain way. The new shield was so good, Cap decided to forgo the gun and use it as his sole weapon.

As for Spidey, I'll watch it, but only when it comes to Bluray. I would rather see the Avengers and Ironman 3. I don't see the need to revamp the origin of Spidey as the first film was very good.

Personally there should have been a redo of the Silver Surfer, but I am biased since he is my favorite comic character.

Buckler_R_PAINT_SilverSurfer01.jpg

IDK Yesfan, I gotta vibe that Andrew Garfield is going to pull this off and that this film is going to destroy SM1 with Tobey Maguire which was a damn good film...Just a vibe though. :eusa-whistle:

Batman said:
IDK Yesfan, I gotta vibe that Andrew Garfield is going to pull this off and that this film is going to destroy SM1 with Tobey Maguire which was a damn good film...Just a vibe though. :eusa-whistle:

Well, that 1st person pov of him running across the building tops is pretty cool. I'll give the movie that. IMO, I thought the first Spidey was good enough to not warrant a revamp. It's not like comparing the two Hulk movies or all the Batman films.

But, I have been wrong before. I first thought the Batman revamp was a mistake. Now I've come to realize that Christian Bale is the only Batman I want to see and the other ones suck to me now.

I still think they should do a Surfer film.

work filter down! :banana-dance:

finally got the chance to see this, man this is great stuff!

i never was a huge spidey fan, so im not keen on his parents. anyhoo, i remember grandma and grandpa...thats about it.

anyhoo... interesting.

thanks for the link!

Yesfan, I am with you on a Silver Surfer redo. However the one they really screwed up was his master Galactus, turned into a mere cosmic storm. I would throw Adam Warlock, Eternity and Thanos into a Surfer redo, I wonder if Thanos will be in the Avengers movies as he was the Cosmic Cubes original owner.

CiscoKid said:
Does anyone else think this movie will epic fail? Did you guys see the 30 second first person scene of Spiderman? That is when media changes from being a movie to a Disney thrill ride. It's like they're ripping off the first person scene from Doom which was an awful movie. Do you see Batman having a 30 second first person scenario in Batman Begins or the Dark Knight? Of course not. It's not film.

</end rant> :) I'm severely disappointed with what I've seen so far.
Meh, who's to say that scene (first person footage) is even in the movie? It may very well wind up on the cutting room floor, but my sense is it's exclusive footage for the trailer...

Back