• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Avengers - the Spoiler FILLED review, remarks etc...

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Quick warning.

This contains spoilers, answers, some history to the story, the comic book, the movie itself.

Turn around if you havent seen it yet. Personally, id consider going this coming weekend if having the time.

i had to comment, that i loved how they portrayed the hulk. Amazingly great performance, and they also focused enough, just enough on who he is, and his background. i wish i could see more of him, his story. I wish they made another Hulk movie, but god forbit, Josh Whedon already knew it was already too much to take considering what 2003 had to present as a comedy, and 2008 to call a reboot.

I loved his face, his actions, his overall portrayal. My favorite scene may be when he bashes Loki back and forth like a club on the ground.

Gotta love this movie, probably the best one out there.

I wish they included Ant Man tho,

And i THINK that was Thalos in the first peekaboo during the credits, am i correct?

jomari said:
And i THINK that was Thalos in the first peekaboo during the credits, am i correct?

Close...

ThaNos

:text-link:

Thanos-Cartoon-Photo.jpg

thanos-army.jpg

Thanos-Wallpaper.jpg

jomari said:
Quick warning.

i had to comment, that i loved how they portrayed the hulk. Amazingly great performance, and they also focused enough, just enough on who he is, and his background. i wish i could see more of him, his story. I wish they made another Hulk movie, but god forbit, Josh Whedon already knew it was already too much to take considering what 2003 had to present as a comedy, and 2008 to call a reboot.

I loved his face, his actions, his overall portrayal. My favorite scene may be when he bashes Loki back and forth like a club on the ground.

Gotta love this movie, probably the best one out there.

I wish they included Ant Man tho,

Since I'm a Marvel geek I will answer/clear some things up for you or whoever wants to know. I agree that The Avengers is a very well done, maybe the best Marvel film and entertaining movie yet. There was no need to anymore back stories on any of The Avengers b/c Marvel they has already done so over the last four years (The Hulk even longer) and if you don’t know by now then I have to say REALLY??! LOL! You are in luck jomari The Hulk get the green light for his own movie set for 2014 release, but before the big guy hits the big screen again Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 will be in theaters next summer. Look for the next Avenger movie set up in their movies, the bulk of the story will most likely be in Thor 2 since the Cosmic Cube has been taken back to Asgaurd to be watched over by the Asgaudians. Believe or not there are a total of three Cosmic Cube, I think the films will only concentrate on the one. Ant man might be in the next one, expect to see more Avengers in part two b/c it they will need a lot more muscle to take on THANOS! That was the BIG purple alien known as the Mad Titan who is a one nasty and the most fordable enemy that The Avengers has every faced! You were close, closer than 90% of the movie goers who went to see the movie or even stayed after the credits.

Thanos is a very complex character that brings in other complex characters and he has two Big stories the second one threw Marvel fans for a loop and they had to reboot after the second story b/c Thanos had half the universe killed along with every super hero b/c death asked him too! Why do you ask would he do this well Thanos is obsessed with death, he loves to kill and he is in Love with death, he wants to marry her.(Death is a woman in the Marvel universe) In the end of TA movie you see He turns and smiles when the Chitauri leader says "To attack Earth would be to court death." Because Thanos would like to literally court death! Thanos also wiped out millions of his own people on Titan to impress her, anyway Thanos dose get defeated in the first story and in the second he becomes a GOD after death brings him back to life the Infinity Gauntlet series (great read) anyway should be interesting how they are going to take both or one stories and put that into a script/plot. If anyone can do it is Jos Whedon, some of you may know this about Joss some may not, Joss use to work for Marvel comics back in the day as a writer so he is very familiar with the Marvel Universe and all of their characters. That is why TA was such a huge success IMO, he is a true fan, a fantastic writer and great director.

Went to see it Saturday with the chaps and they immediately wanted to know who the guy at the end was...so after telling them it was Thanos the Boy was full of questions. So instead of going through all of the Q&A I decided that I would pull out the Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet series so he could learn for himself.

My one question is with Thanos coming into the picture does this mean we are going to see some of the real cosmic heavy hitters like Galactus, Silver Surfer, or maybe even Adam Warlock.

Deacon said:
Went to see it Saturday with the chaps and they immediately wanted to know who the guy at the end was...so after telling them it was Thanos the Boy was full of questions. So instead of going through all of the Q&A I decided that I would pull out the Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet series so he could learn for himself.

My one question is with Thanos coming into the picture does this mean we are going to see some of the real cosmic heavy hitters like Galactus, Silver Surfer, or maybe even Adam Warlock.

Like I said a lot of complex cats in the Thanos stories, it will be interesting to see who will be added and left out, the tech is now here to bring in those heavy hitters to the silver screen without it looking cheesy or stupid. We are looking at a decade Marvel Universe awesomeness! :banana-dance:

Towen seems to be on top of things today. :angry-tappingfoot:

Anyways, at least i can say i didnt google it or anything, and it 'flowed' from memory instead. A faulty memory, but still working so to speak.

Oh, one person i DO wanna see on screen would be Galactus.

The infinity gauntlet was one helluva experience for me as a comic reader. It was deep, something that you couldnt get from X-men back then.

What was that other 'main event' that happened years before tho,

the basis was with
Dr. Strange, the infinity cube (?), and a guy dressed in white as an 'unbeatable' character so to speak? I think Cyclops brother Havok died saving everyone or something. Or was it the russian...

Beyonder! thats his name!

My son is 12, we went to see it this past weekend (we both want to go see it again). We watched the trailer in the credits & I couldn't remeber who that was....I need to go back in history. It has been so long since I was young.... I pray this keeps going & going.

I thought Thanos was either one of the Skrulls or Kang the Conquerer. If the Thanos storys is going to involve the heavy hitters like Galactus and Silver Surfer, then (imo) The Fantastic Four (like the Hulk) needs a reboot.

I was supposed to meet up with a friend from work to see this movie, but he didn't make it. He'd seen it before (in 3D), but was hoping he'd make it. Like Tee, he's a hardcore comic buff (Superman's probably he's fav). I've been pushing him to look to build a HT since these movies are a good reason to do it.

Also thought Cobie Smulders looked hot in this movie. She played the agent in the Jeep/Hummer chase at the beginning. She's Robin Schrebatsky on the show How I Met Your Mother.

About the only thing I hated about the Avengers was Agent Phil Colson getting killed by Loki. I grew to like him from the film and the other "prequels".

agreed. is he a 'part' of the comic series, in any aspect?

just wondering. and whats his story too?

i want my Lobo...

I saw this last night for the first time and was wondering what happened to the Hulk?

How was he able to control himself the second time he became the Hulk? Did Stark do something when he poked Banner?

When Hulk sucker punches Thor is freaking hilarious!

Mr.6 said:
I saw this last night for the first time and was wondering what happened to the Hulk?

How was he able to control himself the second time he became the Hulk? Did Stark do something when he poked Banner?

I kinda was trying to explain it to the wifey when we finished watching it, but also dumbfounded myself in the process.

essentially, they kept on asking what his secret was - doing yoga, mantra et al... on how he controls his rage.

during the big war, stark told him now is a good time for him to get angry, and banner replies,

'thats the secret, im always angry'.

my take on it is that when hes calm and collected is when he is the hulk. banner is essentially the clark kent of superman, where hes been superman the whole time, and just sheds his skin when the time calls for it.

banner never turns into the hulk, the hulk turns into the banner IMO.

That is a plot hole that they don't do a good job of filling. My take is this... Banner was in India mastering control techniques when S.H.I.E.L.D. finds him. He's got the rage more-or less user control at that point. At least to the point where he can not turn into the Hulk every time he stbbs his toe. He turns into the Hulk on the carrier after he learns that S.H.I.E.L.D. has created weapons using the cube as a power source. His rampage on the carrier had more to do with destroying those weapons than doing harm to the Avengers. The carrier was so badly damaged by Hawkeye and his team, far more than the Hulk, so the Hulk allowed himself to be taken so far from the carrier because even while "under control" the he will cause more damage to the ship than it can take under the circumstances.

I thought that Stark might have done something to him when he poked Banner in the lab. Stark & Banner seem to get a long pretty well in the movie so I thought I might have missed something.

To bad about that plot hole. Maybe there will be a deleted in scene in the BR release.

Back