1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

The First Double Audio Codec I've Seen

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by Zing, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

Both TrueHD and DTS-HD MA to choose from on the same disc.

[​IMG]

2. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

BUT IT'S PHILL COLLINS!!!!!!

3. Zing

No it's not. It's Phil Collins. :eek:bscene-buttred:

4. Botch

Botch I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S! Superstar

OMG, one of the Haterz! :violence-torch: :happy-smileygiantred:

I've been looking at this one, how's the performance itself? And do you have a preference between the two ACs on the disc?

5. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I love me some Phil Collins. This particular selection is on the bottom of my list though.

6. Zing

Save your money my friend! This is awful! I can count on one hand the number of white artists who can get away with singing Motown. Phil ain't one of them!

The PQ is excellent. The SQ was average. The music was fantastic (thanks in large measure to some of the original Funk Brothers performing) but the vocals were pitiful! And I don't mean Phil was having a bad night. He was simply out of his league. WAY out of it! I would liken it to Alfalfa trying to sing Pavarotti and Lucille Ball covering Christina Aguilera.

I can only guess that Phil originally wanted to do this at the Apollo Theater but once they heard him, they booted his ass downtown to the Roseland.

7. Kazaam

Kazaam Well-Known Member

I dunno. Phil does a nice version of "You Can't Hurry Love", IMO; granted that is almost pure pop music. But, yes, there are few white artists who do a stellar job of it on a consistent basis outside of Rare Earth, if that counts.

(Can't stand Michael McDonald's Motown covers at all! He certainly didn't need to do two albums of it.)

8. Botch

Botch I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S! Superstar

Thx guys. I'll see if there's a way to rent this one. But:
    ...this has got me scratchin' my head... :think:

9. Zing

Then you probably don't want to know about "Soul Speak". It's essentially Motown 3.

[​IMG]

If you're a good boy, maybe Santa will bring you one (just don't be upset with him if there's no cellophane to remove).

Why?

10. Kazaam

Kazaam Well-Known Member

(The below said in a freaked out and scared way...)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared-eek:

(Plus a "Wilhelm Scream" montage added just for good measure...)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio[/youtube]

11. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

You have to take into account that was almost 30 years ago, so I'm sure Phil's vocals aren't like they used to be.

I love Phil, but the stuff he has put out in recent years seems like "boring old fart" material. I miss the days of him and Chester's dual drum solos. He's still my favorite drummer though and I would love to have a Gretch kit if I ever got back into playing.