• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Hobbit is a GO!

emoxley

The Hobbit has finally been given the greenlight and will be made in 3-D with Sir Peter Jackson in the director’s chair.

Shooting will begin in February.

The announcement was made today jointly by New Line Cinema – which bankrolled The Lord of the Rings – and its parent company Warner Bros.

The announcement did not state whether the two part prequel to The Lord of the Rings would be shot in New Zealand.

See more news here: http://www.theonering.net/

You just don't know how happy I am that PJ is directing them!
3D may be interesting, but I really don't care if they weren't going to be in 3D.......

It will keep the continuity between the Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy intact, hopefully...

"The Hobbit" is the only novel I've read, in its entirety, in one day. I could NOT put that book down.

I've read all four, twice. The only one I could put down was The Two Towers. It got kinda hard to read in some parts, but forced my way through it. :D

I hope it happens but there seems like there have been so many starts and stops that I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree. This has been an ongoing thing. Hopefully this time it's for good. Looking forward to seeing it.

I can't wait, I haven't been wowed or excited by a movie in a long time.

I too, am estatic about seeing it and that it will be directed by P.J. although what I have heard to date about it is that he isn't directing it, but producing it.

I have read the Hobbit once myself and am in the middle of reading it to my son, and I've read the LotR trilogy once and am in the middle of reading that again to my daughter. They too are the ONLY books I've read in their entirety.

smgreen20 said:
I too, am estatic about seeing it and that it will be directed by P.J. although what I have heard to date about it is that he isn't directing it, but producing it.
That's the way it's been until now. If you read the links I posted, it tells that's he co-writing, directing, and producing. Del Toro, who was going to direct, had to give it up because it was taking too long, and he had other things to do. I'm glad he left.

PJ said once that he didn't want to direct it, because he'd be competing with himself. Some of us figured he would be enhancing himself, instead of competing. Maybe, since these will be filmed in 3D, he doesn't feel like he's competing any more. Now, with him directing, The Hobbit should have the same look and feel as the Trilogy, so they'll merge together better, as they should. I can't wait............. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back