• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Inventory

Haywood

Famous
I just finished a pretty laborious process to fully inventory all of my movies. Unless I missed something, I seem to have 1541 movies in my collection.

74 Disney Movies Anywhere (11 duplicated on Blu-Ray)
979 UltraViolet (170 duplicated on Blu-Ray)
28 Vudu
62 Blu-Ray Only
398 DVD Only

4273 individual titles here.

On VHS, laserdisc, DVD, Blu-ray, and hard drive. (Some titles show up on multiple formats.)

Way back when I had to create an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of them all, first on a Mac and then in 1998 I migrated the list to PC format. Back in 1998 I had 2106 titles in my database.

Given that there are a finite number of movies available, as I've filled in / acquired all of the classics / oldies that I ever wanted (with but a few dozen exceptions), the collection does not grow at anywhere near the rate that it used to, with but a small number of "new releases" getting added each year.

Jeff

... thru a Panamanian production plot. Reagan was wrong.

I have just over 2,000 movies on Vudu. I still have about 150 Bluray and DVD's that I can't convert to Vudu yet but in time. I stopped caring what order they were in because for some reason I have memorized every movie I have. My folks have always said I have a photographic memory but never been tested but when I go to second hand stores or the library to add movies I already know if I already own the movie or not. Don't know how or why I just know I already have it or not.

Interestingly, at least to me, it doesn't appear that there's ever been a movie titled "The Inventory" (I checked IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes). I'm thinking that needs to be a horror flick...

CMonster said:
Interestingly, at least to me, it doesn't appear that there's ever been a movie titled "The Inventory" (I checked IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes). I'm thinking that needs to be a horror flick...
STOP! I'm gonna pee. :laughing-rolling:

Back