• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The killer tire movie: Hollywood is out of ideas

Akula

Famous
I'd have posted this one in the "What did you watch today?" but this movie is unique enough to merit its own thread.

I watched "Rubber." The movie begins with a nonsensical scene in which the viewer is reminded of movies where strange things happen for "no reason." This film is described as an homage to "no reason."

Boy, does it deliver that.

The protagonist of the movie is a generic tire (looked like a BF Goodrich to me, but could have been anything) that comes to life in the desert and comes to realize it has psychokinetic powers which it then uses to fuel its homicidal notions. There's no character development, there's not much of a story arc, and the subplot of outside viewers (pretty well demolishing the fourth wall) has more of those than the main plot.

It's entertaining, it's amusing in a dark way, and knowing you sick bastards, you're already hunting it down (to save you time, it's on Netflix streaming).

I saw that movie a couple of months back. Boy was it strange. Yet also strangely awesome!!!

Dunno, I think that joke kinda fell flat.

The DirtMerchant said:
Think I saw a trailer a while ago and thought it was a joke.

How long is it?

About an hour and twenty two minutes.

As for all the jokes, you guys had better tread lightly.

Akula said:
The DirtMerchant said:
Think I saw a trailer a while ago and thought it was a joke.

How long is it?

About an hour and twenty two minutes.

As for all the jokes, you guys had better tread lightly.

Uh oh...Akula's belts are showing....

..And to think Akula, I always thought you had a radial personality! :laughing-rolling:

Back