• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Last of Us

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
As i know we dont have that many ps3 owners, let alone people who play games on it, i guess im speaking towards an empty hall.

Nonetheless, ive always tried to share my opinions about games, and if this influences you purchasing it at one point or another, then my job is done. Otherwise, it serves as a warning to find what you might want may not be there.

I bought this on day one. Amazon delivered it on time, and well, got some time to focus and sit down, blast the HT up a bit, and enjoy the game.

The main reason why we try to play games is to simply find enjoyment in them. to escape the reality of the world we live in - work, bills, children, what have you, all disappear for a moment while you step into another world, another character, void of all the challenges we have of todays burdens.

We tend to 'see' the world as the game presents us to it. A few has been able to do such or even accomplish this without lifting an arm. in my experiences it can be from an open sandbox game like Fallout, skyrim, Assassins Creed, to the FPS worlds of latter days.

This game does it seamlessly. As always naughty dog has come up with a product well deserving its praise and its glory. its far from perfect, but man, i can oversee some glitches here and there, to trade in with the amount of investment i have in this game.

The fact lies that you end up being emotionally attached to it, to care about your characters, the people, the surroundings, makes you vunerable. and it works. it works pretty damn well.

This game has some flaws, some easy to circumvent, others major, at day one you couldnt 'realize' that you lost 5 hours of gameplay because it wont let you save properly. this was addressed later on within the same day.

Anyways, im still finishing this up, but man, for those interested or willing to take a peek. Its worth it.

Been a while since I played a PS3 game aside from kids' stuff - last one was probably Infamous 2, but I gotta say, that one does look interesting. Maybe when it's not $60...

do you have a ps3 pauly? if ever, let me know. once im done with this puppy i would be more than happy to lend this to you. i also have tomb raider, hitman and a couple more...

it would be cheaper to send via mail instead of shelling out cash for games.

Played an hour or so more on this game, man, its hard. hard not in gaming or strategy hard, but because you get sucked in so bad that you cant help but care too much about these people. It actually hurts knowing that at the end, something bad might happen. too much? too intense? flippin hell yeah.

Thats why this game in my opinion is so successful. YOU get to become a character, you become a part of it. and even some movies cant accomplish this, being empathetic to the character, to the surroundings, to the conditions.

It truly is an amazing game. I still have to finish up AC3 and start up on Far Cry 3. I have up to october till i get a new game. :happy-smileygiantred:

Yeah I have a PS3, so I may well take you up on that, thanks! Most games these days I try to play on the PC, but it seems this one is PS3-only. I also have a pretty decent catalog of PS3 games I never play, sometime I'll post those as well, maybe we can start a game swap.

You know guys this may make a great idea for a separate thread but Jomari your idea to loan out a game to another member. You know games you never ever play anymore that other members may be interested in playing. Maybe a few basic rules like....

1. When your done playing the game list it back up as available for another member to try out.
2. If you haven't played the game for a month list it as available for another member.
3. Publicly post thanks to whomever lent you the game and who it's going to next.
4. Realization for everyone that the game you lend out most likely will never get back to you unless specifically agreed to between members.

I have several older games I'd be more than happy to lend to others as I never play them and if someone wants to take the effort to create a thread and try and keep track I have 4-5 games I'll lend out as I know there a few I want to play but can never find the time or ambition to buy them. I wanna try the original Bio-Shock and Star Wars games for the PS3.

Just an idea.

PaulyT said:
Yeah I have a PS3, so I may well take you up on that, thanks! Most games these days I try to play on the PC, but it seems this one is PS3-only. I also have a pretty decent catalog of PS3 games I never play, sometime I'll post those as well, maybe we can start a game swap.

totally forgot about this one. let me know your address, and i can send it via post office. i would probably send it in another case, just because i have the special edition version crap.

anyways, hit me up. im currently playing far cry 3. more of a fetch and be my bitch kinda game again.

ive also been busy, end of the month. accountants. you know the schpeeel.

So long story short, I picked up a PS4 for crazy cheap last week at Sam's on clearance. It did not come with a game, so I took to the interwebz to find a deal on a good first game and found a digital download of The Last of Us Remastered for $13.99. I have been playing it for 2 days now and loving it! I am not a skilled gamer so it's coming slow for me (even on Easy mode) but I am reading a player guide online and working my way through the story. I am not sure how much different this PS4 remastered edition is, but I am actually blown away by it. Very glad that my first gaming experience on this console is good. I've told myself that I won't buy another game until I finish this one. When that time comes I will seek advice on my next adventure. Anyway, a bump to his old thread to see if anyone else has played the PS4 version and cares to comment.

this is one of the few games out there that i end up just standing there, and soaking up the sites (or is it sights)....

gaming, in its core is all about enjoyment, not necessarily about how good you are or how fast you get through one, but just the fact that you enjoyed it, at your own pace and skill, makes it more enjoyable. plus the fact you got it almost for free, makes it a great buy then!

if ever you get the chance, see if tomb raider gets to a good price (i got mine via psn for about 20 bucks), but also can be had via amazon for almost the same price.

well worth it, almost the same experience imo, and enjoyable.

andy, whats your gaming tag, pm me!

I saw it earlier today. Obviously no game footage but the cut scene graphics looks to be best in class. Naughty Dog will crush it again, I am certain. Sony/PS4 really wins in the exclusive content department IMO.

That trailer looks really good. Not a gamer, but I really admire the stuff they do.

I still own a PS3 but only used it for Rock Band.

That trailer looks really good. Not a gamer, but I really admire the stuff they do.

I still own a PS3 but only used it for Rock Band.

You should buy the original Last of Us for PS3. Tons of fun and great visuals. If you like it, look into the Uncharted series.

You should buy the original Last of Us for PS3. Tons of fun and great visuals. If you like it, look into the Uncharted series.

If I had time to game I would start playing my guitar again instead. I would love to play again and if I have any time free up it will go there first. But I can see where gaming would get ya hooked, they got some pretty cool shit out there. A local guy owns a mobile gaming company and apparently he is making huge bank.

just got the chance to post my thoughts about the last of us 2...

in a nutshell, its a great game. its a MATURE game, and takes on a more serious darker tone than the original.

minor spoiler ahead...

i actually like the other part, the flip of the coin so to speak of the story. the character is more endearing, and you see or understand why things are the way things are. i actually have to admit, i enjoy playing this character compared to the main protagonist.

i cant wait to play again, but i have ghost of sushi sushima to play

I pre-ordered TLOU2 but have only played the first 10 mins. Just don't have the time lately and honestly I don't know when I will get the time. Hope to play it though, the graphics were amazing!

played ghost last night, and well.... the combat system, controls itself was clunky. disappointed. and quite frankly, this is a first for me. major release and felt 'off'.

anyways, im going back to the last of us 2. i certainly will be playing this one again. like right after a few hours on ghost to give it a try.

finally finished last of us 2.

feel a bit empty. a bit overwhelming, and a bit discontent.

maybe after playing it again i will find some sort of satisfaction from the storyline.

played ghost last night, and well.... the combat system, controls itself was clunky. disappointed. and quite frankly, this is a first for me. major release and felt 'off'.

anyways, im going back to the last of us 2. i certainly will be playing this one again. like right after a few hours on ghost to give it a try.

i take this back. im still in the early hours of the game. review to come...

Back