• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Toxic Truth About Fluoride and Its Health Dangers

Lots and lots and lots of extreme claims with not backup, explanation, or evidence. There were well over a dozen scary as hell claims but only two had references to support them.

I actually agree with discontinuing the practice of adding Fluoride to our municipal water supplies, but this video is so fraught with unsubstantiated claims or even logic, that I feel like all anti-fluoride activists are charlatans.

This is no different that the pot proponents who would rather argue that alcohol is more dangerous than defend the claims about pot.

^ Mercola dot com is a company that sells personal care products and supplements. That video is produced by them. :think: You know, like those white papers published by speaker cable companies and the likes...

Good point but every site generating information (articles, videos, etc.) on every topic has an agenda. That doesn't make the information wrong.

Flint said:
Lots and lots and lots of extreme claims with not backup, explanation, or evidence. There were well over a dozen scary as hell claims but only two had references to support them.

I actually agree with discontinuing the practice of adding Fluoride to our municipal water supplies, but this video is so fraught with unsubstantiated claims or even logic, that I feel like all anti-fluoride activists are charlatans.

This is no different that the pot proponents who would rather argue that alcohol is more dangerous than defend the claims about pot.

:text-+1:

Minus the pot part...because we can't defend pot, we aren't allowed to study it's effects legally at all.

The DirtMerchant said:
Minus the pot part...because we can't defend pot, we aren't allowed to study it's effects legally at all.

I was referring to logical arguments. The health hazards of Pot have nothing to do with the risks of Alcohol.

But I can use a different argument... when a president is vindicated on a major issue his opponents had they change the subject to a completely different, though usually less "horrible" issue. For instance, President G.W. Bush has just been vindicated on the WMD issue in Iraq, but those who insist he was Satan incarnate have changed the subject of why he was wrong about Iraq.

Flint said:
The DirtMerchant said:

I was referring to logical arguments. The health hazards of Pot have nothing to do with the risks of Alcohol.

But I can use a different argument... when a president is vindicated on a major issue his opponents had they change the subject to a completely different, though usually less "horrible" issue. For instance, President G.W. Bush has just been vindicated on the WMD issue in Iraq, but those who insist he was Satan incarnate have changed the subject of why he was wrong about Iraq.

Spoze it isn't a good argument that alcohol is bad so why shouldn't we let pot be legal.

But please don't hold up that NYTimes article about "WMDs" as "vindication" for invading Iraq.

The DirtMerchant said:
Flint said:
The DirtMerchant said:

Spoze it isn't a good argument that alcohol is bad so why shouldn't we let pot be legal.

But please don't hold up that NYTimes article about "WMDs" as "vindication" for invading Iraq.

This is about logical arguments where I pulled examples from the real world. Logically, a claim that Pot is perfectly safe to use for entertainment purposes should be able to stand on its own with evidence and facts, just like an argument that fluoride is dangerous needs to be supported with evidence and facts. The video at the top of this thread just makes claims with only two examples of evidence or facts. I could claim that cars should be banned because of all the automobile related deaths each year, but I'd have to show tons of evidence and proof to support it or you'd all think I was crazy.

So, why did the government decide to start adding fluoride to our water supplies? Who decided it? Why was the dosage chosen? What evidence did they have to justify it and is there evidence showing the effort was worth it? Do we know?

Instead I hear it is a poison. Well, so is Vitamin A, but we don't ban it, do we? A small amount is necessary for good general health, but too much is poison. That goes for a ton of substances we need for survival.

So, I want a better debate on the topic where we understand the goals, reasons, the real scientifically understood toxicity levels, etc. I haven't see that from any of the anti-fluoride activists.

Here's a good example... about a year ago my wife bought into the argument that table salt is essentially poison and she tossed out all the table salt in our house and replaced it with Himalayan sea salt. One of her biggest arguments against table salt was that it was iodized.

Jump forward to this past Summer and my wife realized she needed more iodine in her diet. So, she purchased super expensive supplements which provide the iodine she no longer gets from table salt. We need it to survive so the government convinced the salt industry to add it to their consumer products for the general good health of the population

The government also got milk producers to add Vitamin D to milk. But since so many of us don't drink adequate amounts of milk we are forced to take Vitamin D supplements.

The list goes on.

So... was fluoride a bad idea?

Flint said:
So, why did the government decide to start adding fluoride to our water supplies? Who decided it? Why was the dosage chosen? What evidence did they have to justify it and is there evidence showing the effort was worth it? Do we know?

Instead I hear it is a poison. Well, so is Vitamin A, but we don't ban it, do we?
Uh..., "I've been predicting that his keyboard's "?" will wear out long before his "." ". :eusa-whistle:

DIYer said:
Flint said:

Instead I hear it is a poison. Well, so is Vitamin A, but we don't ban it, do we?
Uh..., "I've been predicting that his keyboard's "?" will wear out long before his "." ". :eusa-whistle:

:text-bravo:

Find one, you found 'em all, right DIYer?

The DirtMerchant said:
DIYer said:
Flint said:

:text-bravo:

Find one, you found 'em all, right DIYer?

Big difference ... In the preceeding posts Flint 1) made an observtion, 2) stated his opinion and 3) supported it. The questions which followed were to illustrate his thought process in challenging the OP. Had he started with those questions without clearly taking a position or supporting it, and instead used questions in an attempt to lead the unwashed masses to his point of view the you'd be on the same page.

DIYer said:
Flint said:

Touched a nerve, did I?

GreatDane said:
I promise to never again post any info that might help promote good health.
No harm in that...that video though...that was not a promotion of good health.

Having said that, I always enjoy these discussions...

Ditto, and I like feedback if someone disagrees with something I've posted.

Back