• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The wandering earth - now streaming on Netflix - Scifi movie

I have watched a lot of Korean and Japanese movies in the last year or so, and expected something closer to those in quality. It wasn't for me.

im curious tkop, what korean and japanese movies have you seen lately? id love to hear your thoughts on some of them.

im a bit outdated, my watching korean movies fell in 2000 to about 2007ish.

im curious tkop, what korean and japanese movies have you seen lately? id love to hear your thoughts on some of them.

im a bit outdated, my watching korean movies fell in 2000 to about 2007ish.

I think I've done more of a binge of the older movies over the last year or so, but here are a few that I could find:
  1. The Great Battle -- I like the old period piece war movies from Korea.
  2. The Admiral -- Ditto
  3. I Saw the Devil - Revenge flicks are one of the things Korea does best
  4. Battle Royale - I love this Japenese "sort of take on" the Lord of the Flies
  5. The Man From Nowhere - Back to that Korean revenge flick...
  6. The Host -- I really thought I was going to like this better than I did at the end.
  7. 13 Assassins-- Japanese period pieces are good too...
I know I'm missing some, but I'd guess these are on the older side (e.g., Infernal Affairs and Old Boy).

I think I've done more of a binge of the older movies over the last year or so, but here are a few that I could find:
  1. The Great Battle -- I like the old period piece war movies from Korea.
  2. The Admiral -- Ditto
  3. I Saw the Devil - Revenge flicks are one of the things Korea does best
  4. Battle Royale - I love this Japenese "sort of take on" the Lord of the Flies
  5. The Man From Nowhere - Back to that Korean revenge flick...
  6. The Host -- I really thought I was going to like this better than I did at the end.
  7. 13 Assassins-- Japanese period pieces are good too...
I know I'm missing some, but I'd guess these are on the older side (e.g., Infernal Affairs and Old Boy).

infernal affairs - the best hk movie that came out in decades,
old boy - one of my favorite beginner movies, but not the best in the trilogy. i still prefer lady vengeance instead...

1. The Great Battle -- I like the old period piece war movies from Korea. - wasnt sure about this, was it good?
  2. The Admiral -- Ditto - i loved this movie
  3. I Saw the Devil - Revenge flicks are one of the things Korea does best - i agree, revenge flicks are its staple. this one f*cked up my mind a bit, and hurt for a while. i wont watch it again, but it was lee byun huns best movies before he became famous
  4. Battle Royale - I love this Japenese "sort of take on" the Lord of the Flies - good, dated, but a great japanese movie i remember well.
  5. The Man From Nowhere - Back to that Korean revenge flick... - best movie for me, aside from bittersweet life - great knife fights.
  6. The Host -- I really thought I was going to like this better than I did at the end. - it was good, great integration.
  7. 13 Assassins-- Japanese period pieces are good too... - i bought this on blu-ray. i was hoping to be 7 samurai, but we know it cant topple over a classic. its a great movie tho, faithful if not towards the older format.
thanks for sharing! i will give you my inputs later on...

Bittersweet life - still my favorite korean revenge movie
no tears for the dead - this was great, awesome after watching man from nowhere - definitely a buy
new world - another good good movie, this one is similar to infernal affairs format. great buy.
the company man - another one, good movie, if cheap enough a good buy too
The veteran - this one is another action movie, but also a comedy in a way. its a great movie, well worth your time.
The villainess- rental, but was on netflix at one point. it was good, just er.... i bought it, and felt a bit off key with it.
The suspect - i KNOW i bought this, but i couldnt find it in my amazon orders and/or other stuff. i saw this before too. i liked it.
the war of the arrows - good good flick, older period you might like

Last edited:
man, since tkop mentioned korean movies, i wanted to get the suspect movie on blu-ray since i dont have it in my collection (i swear i bought it somewhere, but my movies are stuck in storage)

i also wanted to see this movie,

Confidential assignment, but for 50 bucks on amazon, screw it.

Back