• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Wii Console

Do you (or did you) ever play games? How is the graphic quality on a high def TV? Can you easily tell it's not 720p?

Games on the wii aren't terrible with regard to PQ. But a limiting factor is the graphics hardware so you wont see anything that compares to the best that the PS3 or Xbox offers. For platform and party games it's fine.

As T7 said the games look pretty good but don't compare to the other 2 platforms.

Towen7 said:
For platform and party games it's fine.
I've gotten out of gaming but for some reason I seem to have the urge to play Mario Bros and the new Donkey Kong Country. So I thought about picking up one of these new slick looking red anniversary editions. Having learned the best output I can hope for is 480p with an optional component cable has me concerned.

mzpro5 said:
As T7 said the games look pretty good but don't compare to the other 2 platforms.
That's OK. I don't need awe-inspiring graphics. I just don't want it to look like I'm playing the original NES.

Don't be concerned, looks just fine as T7 said for platform and party games. PQ is good, but you'll need to grab a component cable. They can be had for $5-10 online for generics. I think Game Stop has an inexpensive one too.

The Wii graphics are great for the games you listed and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Zing said:
Towen7 said:
For platform and party games it's fine.
I've gotten out of gaming but for some reason I seem to have the urge to play Mario Bros and the new Donkey Kong Country. So I thought about picking up one of these new slick looking red anniversary editions. Having learned the best output I can hope for is 480p with an optional component cable has me concerned.

FWIW you can download the original dDonkey Kong, Mario Bros. etc.. for a fee with the Wii.

Yeah, the wii is fun, and the games are generally not those that really need ultra-high resolution. I'm pretty pleased with the component video quality on my 46" tv. No surround sound either, unlike PS3, but again for mario - who cares? The mario kart driving game is pretty fun, IMHO.

I agree with the others, it doesn't have the processing prowess as the other two and the video hardware is limited. BUT the 1st party in-house Nintendo titles (which it sounds like you gravitate towards) are the ones that will push the Wii to it limits, in a good way, both graphically and game-play wise more often than not. A good game is a good game regardless of the graphics and the few you mentioned are some of the better ones on the Wii. DK Country Returns was game of the month among some great titles in the last game informer mag...

Alright, if you knuckleheads say so, I trust you.

Ordered. Should be here Friday.

:text-thankyoublue:

Cool!

If you like platform games you'll like it. Stick to first party games or those that get good reviews. There are a lot of BAD games for all consoles but the Wii especially.

Great!

If you like platform games you'll love it. Stay with first party games or those that get decent reviews. There are a lot of HORRIBLE games for all consoles but especially the Wii.

:eusa-whistle:

Aww geez, here we go with the lemming stuff again.

Towen7 said:
Cool!

If you like platform games you'll like it. Stick to first party games or those that get good reviews. There are a lot of BAD games for all consoles but the Wii especially.

Batman said:
Great!

If you like platform games you'll love it. Stay with first party games or those that get decent reviews. There are a lot of HORRIBLE games for all consoles but especially the Wii.
:laughing-rolling:

Pauly, I have "hinted" to T7 about that several times now... :angry-banghead:

:happy-smileygiantred:

Awesome Zing!! Make sure you bring it GTG 3.0. Mario Kart in the Batcave will be fun.

BTW, I've heard, from more than one person, that the best titles are the Nintendo ones and platform games seem to be the best. Just be sure and check the reviews because apparently there are some pretty lame games out there.

John

:eek:bscene-buttred:

Excellent.

Stick with the party and platform games that get good reviews and you'll enjoy it. There are a good amount of CRAPPY games out there.

Back