• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Yes Album

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I received this and Relayer from Wayside Music yesterday. I never ordered from them before and what made me order was the cost savings over AMAZON. The Blu Rays were $25 each and $4 shipping, they arrived in less than 1 week. I saved $19 over AMAZON with their free shipping.

I listened to The Yes Album last night in 5.1 DTS-HD MA. Wow, what a great job. My favorite track, The Venture was just simply spectacular!

I hope to get to listen to Relayer soon.

Attachments

• TheYesAlbumBlurayPackage.jpg
    TheYesAlbumBlurayPackage.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 928
WOW ! I had no idea albums like this one is on BluRay. I need to order this bluray album. I read on amazon that Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) did the recording off the masters & okayed by Yes. I love Steve Wilson & his work.
Here's the note about this 2 disc set:
"Deluxe two disc (CD + Region All Blu-Ray) digipak edition. The Yes Album is the second in a series of remixed and expanded Yes classics. The album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and is fully approved by Yes. The CD features a completely new stereo album mix by Steven Wilson plus the studio version of 'Clap' and an extended version of A Venture. The Blu-Ray features 5.1 PCM Surround Sound and High Resolution Stereo mixes and in DTS-HD MA 5.1. The Blu-Ray also features the original album mix in a hi-res flat transfer from the original stereo master tape source as well as a complete alternate album running order drawn from live tracks, singles edits and an extended mix. And if that wasn't enough, the Blu-Ray exclusive features include full album instrumental mixes, a full album needle-drop of an original UK A1/B1 vinyl pressing, additional singles edits and live tracks. Original artwork expanded with new sleeve-notes and archive material."

This from Steven Wilson's site (he has a US tour....wished I could go listen to him) about this album:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphoned ... cdblu-ray/

Thank you heeman !

Barney said:
WOW ! I had no idea albums like this one is on BluRay. I need to order this bluray album. I read on amazon that Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) did the recording off the masters & okayed by Yes. I love Steve Wilson & his work.

Thank you heeman !

Ditto, I have most of Wilson's 5.1 remixes, will order this. Thanks Keith!! :music-rockout:

I've got Close to the Edge, but not these two.

Looks like two more are going to my collection....... :music-rockout:

I should have never joined this site when I got the invite. You f@#*ers are costing me a lot of money!! :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

One thing that is time consuming on these Blu Rays is all the bonus/extra material. A simple 40 minute album can consume a few hours of listening time considering all the material on these re-releases!

I see my collection growing in the near future, so far on Blu Ray:

Quadrophenia - The Who
2112 - Rush
Close to the Edge - Yes (1 of my favorite albums of all time, got it in 8th grade and played it over and over again)
Relayer - Yes
The Yes Album - Yes

Let me know what you guys have.....

p.s. - I hope you are feeling great these days Barney!!

heeman said:
Let me know what you guys have.....
So far only Beck's Sea Change, Queen's A Night At The Opera, and Rush's Moving Pictures.

Would be cool if everyone brought some to the next big GTG.

Jeff

ps. Top of my wish list: a 5.1 remix and remaster of Supertramp's complete catalogue.

^ Crime of the Century and Breakfast in America is on Blu Ray Audio.

How is Beck's Sea Change in 5.1?

I will take that back Mr. MacKwood........

I just went to order both the Supertramp BR and found that they are NOT 5.1.......... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

heeman said:
I will take that back Mr. MacKwood........

I just went to order both the Supertramp BR and found that they are NOT 5.1.......... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Which is why they are on my wish list. :)

Jeff

Ps. As for Sea Change... when I visited Hoops a few years back he played the 5.1 SACD version for me and I fell in love with it. Thus began a quest to buy one for myself, but by then they were running $70 used. When the BD version came out I jumped on it. It's the same sound as the SACD. This is not one that will blow you away with gee whiz surround effects; rather it takes already superb music and improves it with an appropriate expansion of space that well-done surround can give. My only problem with it is that I get so immersed and laid back listening to it in my HT that I fall asleep before the end! :)

^ Jeff I was blown away recently when I first heard Sea Change on my system in 2.1 (I know it has been out forever). Anyway thanks for the recommendation......

It should be here in a few days!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Sea Change is done so extremely well..................thanks for the tip Jeff.

A Night At The Opera is on it's way....

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

heeman said:
^ Jeff I was blown away recently when I first heard Sea Change on my system in 2.1 (I know it has been out forever). Anyway thanks for the recommendation......

It should be here in a few days!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

As far as Beck goes..........

...........If that was the first time you heard Sea Change, I'm sure you'll like the latest one, Morning Phase. Great album.

It's not in 5.1 though....at least not yet as far as I know.

^ I actually picked up Morning Phase on CD prior to getting Sea Change on CD.

After Jeff's recommendation on Sea Change Blu Ray, I am glad to have added it to my collection.

Dark Side of the Moon from the Immersion Box Set, and Live at Fillmore East by the Allman Brothers.
I have Sea Change from HD Tracks, as well as Band on the Run by Paul McCartney and Wings.

:thumbsup:

At least four other Yes titles have received the Steven Wilson 5.1 remix upgrade!

I have Relayer, Fragile, Close To The Edge and this one. I believe Tales is also out.

This mix is great!

Back