• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Zune Pass

-B-

I decided to enter the realm of music downloads. With finding so many new artists via Pandora, Slacker and Sirius XMU I wanted to hear more of them without breaking the bank, because unfortunately the finding a record that is good front to back is rare anymore.

Naturally I went with the Zune Pass since I have 3. For $14.99 a month I can download anything in the library and listen on up to 3 players and 3 pc's on an unlimited basis as long as I have the Zune Pass. I also get 10 song credits a month for music that is mine to keep regardless of my subscription. So far I like it, just wish the subscription based dl's were accessible via my squeezebox.

BTW, I canceled Sirius about 1.5 years ago. They sent me an offer, $20 for 5 months, sweet deal! I do think the extra $2.99 a month to listen via the web and iPhone app is disappointing. I didn't opt for that.

If MS decides to make a Zune version of an iPod Touch clone, I'd buy one (or four) and cancel my Rhapsody account and switch to that service. I don't recall hearing anything negative about the service or the software. In fact I hear that MS is doing some pretty neat things with Zune.

Towen7 said:
If MS decides to make a Zune version of an iPod Touch clone, I'd buy one (or four) and cancel my Rhapsody account and switch to that service. I don't recall hearing anything negative about the service or the software. In fact I hear that MS is doing some pretty neat things with Zune.

The Zune HD is pretty darn nice, even outputs video in 720p if your into it. They have a great product, but the few apps they offer completely bite it....I am eagerly awaiting a Pandora app. The Zune software is slicker and easier to use than iTunes. Wireless sync and music sharing are some really cool features. I have an iPhone, but loathe iTunes and use the phone too much to use it for music anyhow.

It did get me wondering. For the music I dl and do not purchase. How would they know if my subscription isn't valid if said music was on my device and I stopped plugging it in and canceled the service.

I imagine that it works like any other subscription service and requires you to plug in periodically to validate the license. If you don't plug-in and sync the device it will not play the track.

Dude you can always preview (prelisten??) to stuff on grooveshark, you just can't take it with ya.

D

Doghart said:
Dude you can always preview (prelisten??) to stuff on grooveshark, you just can't take it with ya.

D

Taking it with me was the main attraction. I'm rarely home, most of my listening is in the car.

Back