• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

thinking of getting a xbox 360

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
basics is,

i want to buy it simply for 'the witcher 2' and 'metro 2033'

anything i should know about it?

i dont plan to go online with it, but want to know if the 4gb would suffice?

can i use a usb drive or what not?

tell me more from a guy who has a ps3.

two things I despise about my new xbox 360.
1. you have to have an xbox live gold membership to access netflix
2. no pandora.

other than that, its a good unit. Doon't know about the USB, but I think the answer i yes.

dont care much for online play anyways, so its not a bother. pandora is on my panny, but thanks maximo for the input.

ONE thing im worried about is the darn controller, and getting used to it.

what about exclusive games tho? i really, really really want to just play metro 2033, and well, after seeing the witcher, id be better off playing it on a pc (but i dont have a gaming setup no more)...

anyways, so the 4 gig can work for my needs? or preferably the bigger one? the latter is what my friends told me to get, and not skimp on the 4g. then again, this isnt my primary gaming console, but an alternative one. (to no offense to xbox owners)...

I would get as much storage as you can afford. Most games allow you to burn them to the hard drive, although you still need the disk to play the game. There are a few games where burning to the hard drive make a pretty big difference on load times, Fallout and Fable being two that I know of for sure. Enjoy your new toy, Jomari!

Best part of having a larger HDD is being able to rip the games to the drive.

You still have to put the disc in to play the game, but load times are 2x as fast and you don't have to hear the disc spinning constantly.

I would bet if you do buy a 360 you start buying your multi-platform games for it instead of your PC or PS3.

D

hmm. thanks for the input guys. i guess 4g would be a backward step in purchasing a new console.

fable?

im curious tho as well as to what EXCLUSIVE games i should consider getting tho?

I know halo and gears are both outdated at this point, but would there be other games you'd be comfortable recommending as well?

i wanted to purchase the 360 essentially for ONE game.

ONE.

Metro 2033.

how was it if ever?

Fable is a set of 3 role playing games, where you get to be the ruler of Albion, and a lot of funny elements about it. They are fun and can be had very cheaply.

Don't know anything about Metro, so can't be much help there.

XBOX does firmware updates.....and I almost would bet, you will later on want the Gold.
My son uses our PC for gaming more....he has Steam. He wore-out the "rubber-dome" keys on the standard keyboard and a cheap mouse rt clicker.
We bought a Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard (these are kick ass) from Amazon & it gets auto firmware updates.
He loves his xbox but we have the older ones, not the slim, & his elite is at warranty for the 3rd time (bought extended warranty) as we speak.
Don't know about the issues with the slim but suggest buying extended warranty.
We are waiting for the newer model coming out sometime next year....some call it XBOX720...but it is a whole different machine.

Back