• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

This is the way to handle the police state

Geez dude. How often do you get pulled over that you've got a routine worked out?

Towen7 said:
Geez dude. How often do you get pulled over that you've got a routine worked out?

Routine? How's keeping your hands on the wheel routine? It's just common sense. If you're a cop and you're walking up on a vehicle you just pulled over, what are you going to think if you see the driver leaning over toward the glove box? Registration? Gun? What?

EDIT: BTW, I've only been pulled over twice in the last ten years.

Just bustin balls, bro. The capital "ALWAYS" did give me the impression that it was more than a twice a decade occurrence tho.

Drive safe.

Yesfan, why were they searching your car for a routine stop? Unless they see something in plain site, they cannot search your car without your permission or a search warrant.

That's right Huey.

Do I have to give consent to a law enforcement officer to search my car?

If you feel that you have nothing to hide, and that challenging the law enforcement officer would be more bother than it's worth, you can give law enforcement officers consent to search your car. With consent, the officer does not need a warrant, does not need probable cause and can take custody of evidence obtained.

You do not have to give consent to a law enforcement officer to search your vehicle. While you do not have to consent, bear in mind that the expectation of privacy in a car is less than the expectation of privacy in your home. Based in part on the lessened expectation of privacy in a car, law enforcement officers are permitted to conduct a warrantless search of a car if the officer has probable cause.

Probable cause exists where the facts and circumstances would cause a reasonable person to believe that evidence of a crime could be located in the area to be searched. With probable cause, law enforcement officers may search any area of the vehicle where the probable cause leads him/her to believe that evidence may be found. In addition to a probable cause search, any time a law enforcement officer sees evidence of a crime in his/her "plain view," s/he can immediately seize the evidence without a warrant.

GreatDane said:
That's right Huey.

Do I have to give consent to a law enforcement officer to search my car?

If you feel that you have nothing to hide, and that challenging the law enforcement officer would be more bother than it's worth, you can give law enforcement officers consent to search your car. With consent, the officer does not need a warrant, does not need probable cause and can take custody of evidence obtained.

You do not have to give consent to a law enforcement officer to search your vehicle. While you do not have to consent, bear in mind that the expectation of privacy in a car is less than the expectation of privacy in your home. Based in part on the lessened expectation of privacy in a car, law enforcement officers are permitted to conduct a warrantless search of a car if the officer has probable cause.

Probable cause exists where the facts and circumstances would cause a reasonable person to believe that evidence of a crime could be located in the area to be searched. With probable cause, law enforcement officers may search any area of the vehicle where the probable cause leads him/her to believe that evidence may be found. In addition to a probable cause search, any time a law enforcement officer sees evidence of a crime in his/her "plain view," s/he can immediately seize the evidence without a warrant.

^^
You may as well give them permission to search your vehicle. If not, they'll dismantel your vehicle and leave you standing on the side of the road with no transportation and both pockets turned inside out.

Rope

interesting facts folks.

both hands on the wheel, consent to officer if i know i aint got nothing to hide.

i plan to take my drivers license test by the end of the year.

What I find works best for me when I get stopped on the highway is to jump out of my car and run over to the officer so he doesn't have to work too hard by walking all the way over to me - I know they have tough jobs and could use some rest. Since it can be hard to hear the people they stop over the noise of the road, I will then shout clearly to the officer that I wasn't committing any crimes and then let him know there is absolutely nothing illegal in my car, just to make sure he understands the situation before he start assuming things. Since I am a white guy who makes some serious moolah, I will then make a joke about paying his salary and offer to buy him a case of beer. Of course, he cannot drink on the job, so I'll whip out a $100 bill (I don't carry anything smaller) and tell him to buy himself something nice with the money leftover from the case of beer. At that point most officers realize we are good friends and they can trust me and will leave me alone. However, sometimes they take a real liking to me and will offer to drive me to see a bunch of other police staff and have a regular party at their offices. I really enjoy those times because I make lots of friends and there is never a shortage of things to talk about.

Flint said:
What I find works best for me when I get stopped on the highway is to jump out of my car and run over to the officer so he doesn't have to work too hard by walking all the way over to me - I know they have tough jobs and could use some rest. Since it can be hard to hear the people they stop over the noise of the road, I will then shout clearly to the officer that I wasn't committing any crimes and then let him know there is absolutely nothing illegal in my car, just to make sure he understands the situation before he start assuming things. Since I am a white guy who makes some serious moolah, I will then make a joke about paying his salary and offer to buy him a case of beer. Of course, he cannot drink on the job, so I'll whip out a $100 bill (I don't carry anything smaller) and tell him to buy himself something nice with the money leftover from the case of beer. At that point most officers realize we are good friends and they can trust me and will leave me alone. However, sometimes they take a real liking to me and will offer to drive me to see a bunch of other police staff and have a regular party at their offices. I really enjoy those times because I make lots of friends and there is never a shortage of things to talk about.

:laughing-lettersrofl:

Huey said:
Yesfan, why were they searching your car for a routine stop? Unless they see something in plain site, they cannot search your car without your permission or a search warrant.

I didn't know about consenting at the time. This happened about 20 years ago.

He stopped me because he claimed I ran a stop sign. The truth was, I came to a complete stop. He was just pissed off because he knew he pulled out in front of me and I stopped the second time to keep from hitting him. So after arguing with him on what really happened he asked me if I had anything illegal in the car and wanted to search it. I let him search the vehicle, but the whole time I was standing by watching him, I kept thinking he was going to plant something in my car, then haul me to jail. The cop was in the wrong. He knew he was, and that's why he had the attitude with me from the beginning as if I'm the one in the wrong. I think that's why he searched my car and when he found nothing, he continues on with me running the stop sign and decides to do me a "favor" my letting me go with a warning. I think he was hoping I would still stand my ground on what happened so he would have a reason to take me to jail or beat the hell out of me, etc. When I didn't and just agreed with him, he let me go.

I'm stubborn as hell, and when I know I'm fucking right about something, I'm not going to give in. That night was different. I gave in because who knows, what would have happened if I didn't. That cop was raging.

If they have to ask, there's no probable cause. I'm NEVER consenting to a search. Period. If he knows there's nothing on me, he won't make a call for the puppy to come out for a fake alert on the vehicle... the K-9 officer will just be miffed he wasted everybody's time.

Just because I have nothing to hide doesn't mean I'm eager to let the government look.

Yesfan70 said:
Flint said:

:laughing-lettersrofl:
^^
:laughing-rolling:

Rope

Back