• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

This looks real... if it is, WOW!

Flint, were you lookin for videos of 4 guys and 1 girl and just stumbled across that? :teasing-neener:

Just kiddin buddy. That was really cool.

I don't think what we see and what we hear were recorded at the same time. At the very least, the vocals are overdubbed and the singer is lipsyncing...that much is obvious. Beyond that, I refuse to believe that the mics I see captured what I hear as cleanly and perfectly as what I hear.

Overall, I think the video concept is neat and cool and novel and all but, again, what you're seeing is not what you're hearing. Or rather, what you're hearing is not what you're seeing.

Conceptually, the video is really cool. Real or not, I loved it!! But more importantly, the fucking song was awesome!! I'm gonna buy it...found it on itunes, but wanna find the CD if available...

That many people sharing one guitar is just wrong. Lets start a fund so each can have and play their own musical instrument. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

My son wasn't impressed. Music is okay. Will check the samples of their music......dancing in the tulips music doesn't really excite me though.

Zing said:
I don't think what we see and what we hear were recorded at the same time. At the very least, the vocals are overdubbed and the singer is lipsyncing...that much is obvious. Beyond that, I refuse to believe that the mics I see captured what I hear as cleanly and perfectly as what I hear.

Overall, I think the video concept is neat and cool and novel and all but, again, what you're seeing is not what you're hearing. Or rather, what you're hearing is not what you're seeing.

I think that's just typical youtube audio lag.

D

The more I study the more I believe it is real.

The mic placements and types of mics used make perfect sense for the sound they are getting. The only thing that bothers me is the tone of the voice the first guy singing has. It sounds soft and mellow yet it is louder than everything else, meanwhile the second guy singing appears to be blasting away on his vocal part. Then again, the room acoustics are completely different between the two male singers, which makes sense when you look at the mic positions. A

Also, if they were going to lipsync to this song, the second male singer would never have allowed the mistakes he made be put into the track. They would have fixed those.

I checked out a few of the videos this guy has out, and I'm really impressed! Love the music, and the Dali/Floyd/Burtonesque videos are visually disturbing in a great way. Posted this video on my musician's website and one gent in Australia had interviewed the guy, said he was very down-to-earth and pleasant.

EDIT: whups, I made a slight error. The above video is a cover of a Gotye song, my buddy interviewed Gotye and here's the original:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY[/youtube]

And its the original Gotye whose videos I was liking. Still, its all good. :handgestures-thumbup: And the stage presence, charisma and musical talent of the guy on the right (Headstock Harry) is a Thing To Behold! :eusa-clap:

FredtheFilmFan said:
Both cool videos. Great song. I don't get out much, but why haven't I heard of Gotye before?

This song just started getting heavy play on the alternative station in KC about two weeks ago...

What is it about that song that makes it "Alternative"? No Auto Tune? Don't get me wrong, I like David Guetta, Lil Wayne, Deadmau5, Katy Perry and lots of other Pop and Dance artists. But I like music that is actually played on instruments too. I just wish good real music wasn't so hard to come by.

Edit: Totally hijacking this thread. Sorry. Just checked out Gotye on youtube, theres another cool video.

Now I don't know which version I like better.... :think: still think its a great song though

Seemed pretty real too me. While I too liked the song, I wonder if the song would still have that same appeal to it if the members had their own instruments.

Great find Flint!

The guy I dubbed "Headstock Harry" is actually "Epic Beard Man" (six forums full of musicians can't be Wrong) and tonight I discovered:

OMGWTFBBQLOLWantWantWant111!

Epic Beard Man t-shirts!!!

http://www.kt8merch.com/store/pages...ARTH_-Beard_Guy-_Men's_T-Shirt_-_Black___.htm

1fd50c496e95d02be44ab118e9751a0d.jpg

I boughted 17 of them! :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:

Just revisited that video thanks to ur post botch... WOW! That's epic!

I'm going to have to order a Shirt!

Man... This song is becoming unavoidable.

I dig it but I'm hearing it literally everywhere I go.

Back